Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things that have helped me with my voices

My Mood
      Fine

This was really helpful. If you don't mind me asking, when did you start hearing voices?

My Mood
      Doh

Quote Originally Posted by madfryer View Post
      What has really helped me is knowing it is so common hearing voices
      That is true, there are a lot of voice hearers out there and a lot of them arenít psychiatric patients. There was a famous radio interview back in the 1970ís between Dr Marius Romme, a Dutch psychiatrist and a journalist where they asked people who heard voices to phone in and to their surprise they got all kinds of people from housewives who occasionally heard their parentsí voices repeating a phrase to the actually psychotic.

That was the start of the Hearing Voices movement, and it turns out psychiatric patients are outnumbered about 4 to 1 by people who hear occasional, non-problematic voices. So if you hear voices you are far from alone in this, and it may do you good to look up a Hearing Voices group in your neighbourhood.
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung

My Mood
      Doh

Another thread that I keep coming back to is this one... on Osho and Hearing Voices.

Osho on hearing voices: they are just fragments
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234