Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that have helped me with my voices

i am finding colouring in is helping me with the anxiety levels and rapid thinking. and music that is calming in tempo and definitely has to have uplifting nourishing lyrics.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..
      Hug Per Ardua Ad Astra hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Doh

This post has an interesting list of tactics that voices may be using, it is worth a look.

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/for...ead136442.html
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

My Mood
      Doh

Recently I have been having a number of interesting experiences where I have been resolving voices - they ultimately dissolve back into me. The starting point for this is usually connecting to one's loving forgiveness, feeling this within yourself and then reaching out and asking a voice to come one at a time, and asking them for their story, and then listening deeply. This has helped on several occasions to draw out the deeper stories of voices - some were betrayed, others jealous. If at first it doesn't work, ask them to 'begin at the beginning.' Usually on completing the story, and giving up the root cause, they will dissolve back into you. It's best to start this when they first begin to manifest during a day, when you are freshest and they are not fully formed.

If there are two or more they will disturb eachother, so it's important to only do this when there is just one voice. Focussing on being emotive, rather than rational, and connecting to warmth and love are key.

Another technique I have had some success with recently is combining passionate love with awareness. If you can do that you can clear out a lot of bad influences and create more clarity for yourself.
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung
      Thanks Per Ardua Ad Astra gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Per Ardua Ad Astra liked this post.

My Mood
      Doh

Quote Originally Posted by Eigau View Post
      Hi deling, I'm going through some cognitive therapy at the moment that seeks to look into the subconscious values that may be driving the voices I hear. I believe it is helping me but may take a while.
      From my experiences, each voice has its own emotional root. Some of them appear very simple in that they don't say much, but eventually lead to a small but quite resistant core, which require more intense emotion to release it. Others are plain and easy going and give up their stories easily.

Not all of these are to do with your life experience. Some voices are, for want of a better series of concepts, entities that wander into your spiritual space and become attached through some negative experience. One of my voices said, "you caused us to become jealous of you", at the end of telling it's story, and then it dissolved.

It's possible to build up a very polluted inner space where you have a lot of backlog, and get maybe a dozen or more voices that you have to deal with in turn, and connecting to the right emotional space to cope with asking for the stories can require you to shift your focus of energy down from your head.
      - Carl Gustav Jung
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.

Eigau

Quote Originally Posted by Kerome View Post
      From my experiences, each voice has its own emotional root. Some of them appear very simple in that they don't say much, but eventually lead to a small but quite resistant core, which require more intense emotion to release it. Others are plain and easy going and give up their stories easily.

Not all of these are to do with your life experience. Some voices are, for want of a better series of concepts, entities that wander into your spiritual space and become attached through some negative experience. One of my voices said, "you caused us to become jealous of you", at the end of telling it's story, and then it dissolved.

It's possible to build up a very polluted inner space where you have a lot of backlog, and get maybe a dozen or more voices that you have to deal with in turn, and connecting to the right emotional space to cope with asking for the stories can require you to shift your focus of energy down from your head.
      Generally speaking, I enjoy the voices. Mainly for the inner exploration and how that reflects and projects into what we call the real world. As science begins to embrace consciousness theory and as they are able to formulate methods of measuring and quantifying consciousness I think they'll find that the inner-verse is as vast as the universe. Then, of course there's the notion that were are all interconnected by collective-consciousness. Its mind boggling. But for now I need to keep my feet on the ground haha and explore the local space.

Evil Weasel

How can you make them go? What if you don't want them? I can't see anything good about voices that disturb people.
      Thanks burt tomato, Per Ardua Ad Astra gave thanks for this post.

Senior Member Per Ardua Ad Astra's Avatar
      My Mood
      Chatty

I still don't know exactly what they are, or where they come from

BUT, they can lead you a merry dance, like a bull with a ring thru its nose

Oh well, back to working on distraction then
      Tea Therapy
      Likes madfryer liked this post.

My Mood
      Breezy

What has really helped me is knowing it is so common hearing voices when i was talking to the board - ouija i asked why cant my husband hear these and they said he does bangs rustles but he just ignores them - back in the 80s i was on a bus with a person who was in charge of one of those place and he called it a sickness of the mind as opposed to the body well im glad ive come out of the wardrobe now when it is so openly agreed its not just a sickness - i like to think of it as my soul is finding its feet
      Thanks Per Ardua Ad Astra gave thanks for this post.
      Hug burt tomato, Per Ardua Ad Astra hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Sleepy

I glad there someone else that see the positive effects of thinking through voices.
      You're awesome! We should write a book. lol

thank you
      really helps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast