Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that have helped me with my voices

Eigau

Hi deling, I'm going through some cognitive therapy at the moment that seeks to look into the subconscious values that may be driving the voices I hear. I believe it is helping me but may take a while.

My Mood
      Amazed

I think it is a spiritual experience. Maybe I will go for a past life/ life between life regression and find out more about my past and life purpose. I have no option but to forgive my voices and it seems this life is one I chose beforehand.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

My Mood
      Blah

Music really helped me get through my troubled times.. it said that when depressed you seem to listen to the lyrics a lot more ... finding the right song to relate 2
      Likes Per Ardua Ad Astra, N/A, saf75 liked this post.

tender

Isolation has lessened the voices.

Staying away from certain people
      who cause me to hear more voices.

If I spend time with sisters boyfreind
      it shuts the voices up.

A family freind who does plumbing
      can excelerate them no ends.
      Likes Per Ardua Ad Astra liked this post.
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

I think everyone for all the useful information! It is very helpful. My voices have become overwhelmingly positive most of the time. After years of fighting them anyhow, but I wish I would have read that first post about Things that have helped me with my voices a long time ago. It might have kept me out of the hospital.
      Likes saf75 liked this post.
      Hug burt tomato, saf75 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Scared

I've just been to see Cmht nurse and got a referal to see psychiatrist, just hoping to get on something that will calm my thoughts down. I can cope with voices but the racing thoughts are killing me. Its like tourettes at a million miles per hour in my head. But I've let it build up to a level that has become unbearable, I obviously realise this now but fear of being sectioned again and the fear of being over medicated to the point of being zonked or faltened have made me avoid seeking help.I've been referred now so baby steps and hopefully some splice. Any tips for meds that don't wipe you out?
      Hug Myheadhurts, N/A hugged this poster.

I would tell them that your very sensitive to medicine and they may be more likely to give you a lower dose to start out with, so you can see how much it will effect you and build or unbuild from that. Unless your body is so wrecked that it needs the sleep. I take Abilify and Lithium for my problems and they don't wipe me out. Still am tired though because I have such a hard time sleeping. I hope you find the right thing.
      Likes saf75 liked this post.

My Mood
      Scared

Thank you Michellebells 😊 I'll see how it goes they are talking about olanzapine so I'll give it a go.
      Likes Myheadhurts liked this post.

Sometimes medicine can really change a person or their perspective, so you might keep a diary and write down how you feel as it gets in your system. It will give you something to show the doctor if it doesn't work, but if it does, it can be exciting to see the progress. Good luck!
      Likes N/A, saf75 liked this post.

When Is hallucinate and hear things I discovered certain anchors.

The two things they handed me in the psyche ward were crayons and Graham crackers.

Both were useful. Breathing and staying calm made the hallucinations begin to back off, though they were terrifying.

I would picture myself as Batman, fighting with a brilliant mind. I would use a color for each voice to distinguish what they were saying.

I found that each of my emotions were speaking and had a color. And then there was the still small Jesus voice I still hear.

I believe one day I'll be able to manage this without medication
      Likes N/A liked this post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast