Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Schizoid personality test ;)

Default Schizoid personality test ;)

Schizoid Personality Disorder Test | Psymed

Let me know how you go! I scored 32 for the record xx
      Last edited by Mayfair; 01-09-17 at 11:08. Reason: updated link

My Mood
      Angelic

I got 32-and it also said 34 other people have done the test today?

why so many 30s????!
      xx
      its nice to be important ,but its more important to be nice
      xxxx you count ,you matter ,you are important (I promise)

Lucretia the fairy ,Magical fairy wonderland ,fairy hill kingdom ,po box whimsical folly land

ACCOUNT CLOSED

23 - No Disorder.
      Thanks Ilykittens gave thanks for this post.

Haha 32, snap! And unsure why so many 30s there lol are you schizoid affected or just intetested? X

My Mood
      Blah

I scored 23 too. No disorder.

Interesting. Considering I was at one stage diagnosed with a personality disorder. Yet I have never actually exhibited any of the main diagnostic criteria. They did decide that I had it on a flimsy and arbitrarily decided bunch of evidence though.
      Thanks Ilykittens gave thanks for this post.

thanks everyone! This is rather interesting as I was under the impression I had bpd but also showing traits of schizoid too. To be honest I did not actually know anything about it until today and still patiently awaiting my 'official diognosis' interested in seeing some other peoples scores that have it too. I do feel after reading about it I fit alot of symptoms I felt were just from bpd but it now seems oh so clear lol

My Mood
      Blah

Yes I was told I had BPD before I was diagnosed as a depressed schizophrenic - pretty big leap huh?

The main symptoms of BPD are:

Impaired Emotional Control: excessive, poorly regulated emotional responses, especially anger, that change rapidly;

Harmful Impulsivity: impulsive behaviors that are harmful to you or to others, such as spending sprees, excessive use of alcohol or drugs, self-injurious acts, physically aggressive acts and sexual indiscretions;

Impaired Perceptions and Reasoning: suspiciousness, misperceptions, an unstable self-image, a poor sense of your identity, and difficulty in reasoning under stress; and

Disrupted Relationships: tumultuous relationships with a person close to you that vary from extreme fear of abandonment to episodes of excessive anger and the desire to get away from that person.

I do not have impaired emotional control. Yes I get angry sometimes but no more than an "average" person would. I've never hit or punched anybody for instance. Harmful impulsivity - (I have self harmed but it was not an impulsive or superficial act, more an act I carried out after a lot of deliberation and upset when voices were urging me to). I am not promiscuous (have had 2 sexual partners), and a long term relationship. I don't overspend, I don't use alcohol excessively on a regular basis and I have never used drugs. I'm also not violent or sexually dis-inhibited. Impaired perceptions, I have had yes, but they fall under the psychotic category, (if we're using labels now) as I don't think that believing the devil has reincarnated himself in your body for the sole purpose of taking you to hell would fall under a BPD - esque belief, and I don't have disruptive relationships, at least not to any excessive degree, i.e. no more than is NORMAL.

By these rules half of all 21 year olds in Britain fall under the "personality disordered" label. I think I do pretty well compared to them.

I believe the reasons I got diagnosed with this were;

- I had repeatedly overdosed after months of torment from voices and virtually no intervention or help from services.

- I am a "difficult" patient. I ask questions, I refuse medication, and I'm quite outspoken when I feel like it. So what though? Non-compliance has now been made pathological. Anyhow, how can a personality be disordered? Is it some kind of entity that can become dis-regulated? Also this diagnosis assumes that everybody's personality should conform to some sort of norm whereby certain traits do not exist or co-exist as that would constitute a disorder. So can we start saying that a person who is very loud, verbose, obnoxious and arrogant is disordered now because we as a society deplore those traits?
      Last edited by messymoo; 13-08-13 at 18:09. Reason: self harm specifics removed
      Likes N/A, MissKitty, staticSeekingDynamics liked this post.
      Hug cpuusage, Ilykittens hugged this poster.

Hugs! And thank you so much for your help
      See this is why I am half/half on the situation.

Impaired emotional control.
      I would say, in a way, yes? I have a constant change of my emotions, I think yes, im going to do this and this is all that matters/is important to me, then over night, not interested any more.
      I have a problem with staying 'excited' with relationships and friends and am constantly loosing an idea of who I am or what I want (career changes over night, want to be a mother, dont want to be, want my bf to propose, dont want to marry him any more, love my life, want to run away ect)

Harmful impulsivity.
      I take drugs every weekend, I drink, I smoke, I hate sex but want to be single just to be 'sexy again', I sometimes self harm still, I steal, I have had my one bf for 3 years now but prior was terrible with sexual partners as I would do would do anything to feel loved or needed.

Impaired perceptions.
      I guess alot of these I put under the first one, but same same, I have no idea who I am or what I want.

Disrupted relationships.
      Fear of abandonment (daddy issues) friends that have passed away in large numbers I guess I dont want to make close friendships because I know they will leave me, I quite often run away from relationships and purposly try to savotage them in order to make them leave me (although it isnt what I want)

Alot of this sounds like bpd to me and thers are different issues not mentioned that make me beleive I am schizoid (i hate sex, hate being touched, like to be alone, aunty is schizophrenic and apparently that can be a facter. The list goes on but my fingers are getting sore haha any input would be greatly appriciated as docs are pissing me off atm!
      Last edited by messymoo; 13-08-13 at 18:10. Reason: self harm specifics removed

My Mood
      Tired

my results say I have no personality disorder.
      I'm not mad, I'm FURIOUS!!!

I scored 23 for SPD... I'm not surprised; I'm way too needy, too interested in people, and both emotionally and physically too expressive to fit with that diagnosis. I can be very cold and distant at times, but only when I feel threatened; it's an emergency defense mechanism rather than my default way of existing. I also like a fair bit of time to myself to do my own thing, but after too long I start to feel lonely and vulnerable and to be honest start to feel reality 'slip' if I become detached from real people in the real world.

I found what Coldwater wrote about BPD and half of all British 21 year olds coming under that label going by the established diagnostic critera to be interesting, mainly in that one of the stereotypes about BPD is that sufferers are 'immature' and/or 'scared of growing up' (or even unable to) - the difference effectively seems to be that it becomes an 'illness' once you're deemed to be too chronologically old to display such feelings and behaviours. I think the most succinctly evocative description of BPD I've ever read is that sufferers are 'eternal teenagers', as that very much resonates with my experience of adulthood. For me though that manifests itself in two ways; there's the emotional, temperamental component, which is the most obvious and externally noticeable symptoms, but there's also a feeling of not being a proper adult, and therefore feeling lost in the adult world... not only do I lack a place in it, but I don't even know what I want that place to be. It's a frightening and confusing way to live. I'm also so scared of rejection and abandonment that I only very rarely try to initiate relationships (we're talking once every couple of years or so, and even then only usually with someone I already know, and generally not until I feel completely backed into a corner that my only escape from is the truth), despite innately craving intimacy... this impacts upon my friendships as just the concept of my friends having something I want and them finding it easier to get that thing can make me jealous (and I can be awful if I go out with a single friend and someone takes a shine to them but not me), and feeling like I'm second-rate in comparison to partners can also provoke envy and consequent temper outbursts.

Heh... I'm 35, but looking back on that last paragraph I could easily have been writing about someone half my age.
      Likes coldwater00, Spartan liked this post.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast