Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

They occur comorbidly more often than not, the line between them is blurry

My Mood
      Crappy

I have now been told that I have both chronic depression and chronic anxiety. Isn't life so much fun??
      Hug BorderlineDownunder, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      My Mood
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mami5 View Post
      I have now been told that I have both chronic depression and chronic anxiety. Isn't life so much fun??
      its a barrel of monkeys all right

This life worked out nothing like I had planned...these days, well they're slipping right through my hands...
      Likes Marchhare liked this post.

My Mood
      Confused

That's a big help, I wasn't really sure which I had or what the difference was. It's definitely depression for me and the more I look into it, I wonder why I didn't spot it earlier. All the symptoms have been there for years, steadily getting worse. There's definitely a touch of anxiety in there too.

Hi,

I am a blogger who has actually written a couple of posts about the difference to do with Saddness V's Depression and Anxiety... What is it? There's lots of information on these blogs that might help to clear up the feelings and thoughts that your experiencing and might shed some light onto what your current situation is...
      Last edited by pepecat; 01-03-17 at 09:59. Reason: Links to blogs not allowed.

My Mood
      Crappy

I agree that both anxiety and depression both commonly coincide with each other. For me, the anxiety came first, really quickly followed by depression. Has anyone else experienced awful rage as well? I had no idea where it came from as I'm not an angry person. I had months of completely flipping out over nothing, then having breakdowns afterwards. My medication has only stopped the rages but my depression has worsened.

I am new to forum. I suffer from clinical depression. Mine always starts with anxiety. Currently suffering. I have had all physical signs. My body is shaking inside. I can't stop shaking my legs or body. Can't sleep. Lost stone in weight within a week. Can't stop crying all the time. Nil energy. Self loath all the time. Pins and needles in hands arms feet. My gums are sore. It's horrible thoughts which are worse. I do not feel suicidal but have done in past. I get fed up when people ask me how I stay slim. I wish I was just happy that's all I want. 😂😂😂😂

This really helped me understand my condition better, although I wish it helped my condition in general. I have terrible anxiety about my future prospects, although sometimes I think it is tied in with paranoia that nothing will every go my way and that people are conspiring against me. It is mostly just an inherent doubt in my day to day activities. I feel like it is taking over my life, i can't have healthy and normal relationships because my anxiety prevents me from having trust. Additionally, the absence of anything brings me a considerable void of loneliness which I don't understand. I see my friends enjoy their time alone and their productivity and I become so envious. I feel so consumed in my own mind. I think I am anxious, which then creates my depression for my existence, what can I do?

Thanks for Sharing your views.I really appreciate this.

I don't know how to help. My boyfriend just keeps pushing me away or refuses to see me, when he is depressed and I don't know what to do to help.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast