PHP Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in ..../dbtech/thanks/includes/class_core.php on line 1319

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5802) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5610

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5802) in ..../includes/bad-behavior/screener.inc.php on line 12
Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have? - Page 3
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

My Mood
      Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Marchhare View Post
      I don't knowingly get anxious but my body does!! I would look forward to something but usually my stomach would erupt before hand. I had tests years ago and it was called "nervous tummy" and now I get treatment for depression/anxiety. I hate how I can't control these things
      mh
      Do you have RLS as well? My leg bounces often but I like to think it is more like a dog wagging it's tail. I bounce my leg when I am happy or thinking about something. Others comment about it but to me it is normal as breathing.

Thanks Mischief, Now I know that I only has anxiety at the time of exams and results.

But most of the time I have encountered with depression.
      I work for Controlling Diabetes & Heart Disease Management through Digital Health Devices.

Default Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

To me I see it as how I am coping with the problems in daily life and also biological side of depression and anxiety. To me I also see it as something I live with and I am not aiming to clinically recovered just at the level where I can cope a little better with life challenges.

My Mood
      Confused

Hello all....I am new to the forum........anxiety, agoraphobia, depression, SLEEPING TO MUCH, for 45 yrs or so. Just looking through these threads seeking info on a few questions, also checking out effects of medications and see how others are affected by them -----
      Hug hugged this poster.

Hmm...is there really a distinction? I mean, you can have depression without anxiety but can you even have anxiety without depression? If you can, I don't think I've ever experienced it! I was diagnosed with anxiety but I would have ticked more boxes on the depression bit of that article than for anxiety. I've always seen my anxiety as an 'anxious escape' from my depression - i.e. I am anxious that I won't be able to escape my depression. If I give up trying to make things better then my anxiety disappears, but I get more depressed.
      Have overcome anorexia, bulimia, social phobia, agoraphobia, panic disorder, depression and GAD. No longer diagnosable (I don't think), but trying to overcome the shame that underlay it all...

I have just been on a course Understanding Depression and Anxiety and you can definitely have both together. Anxiety is often a reaction to situations you find unpleasant so you get panic attacks, shaking and leg wobbling. Depression is more when you have feelings of not wanting to take part in life so you don't want to get up or go out and in extreme cases have self harm and suicidal thoughts.
      Thanks CarpeDentum gave thanks for this post.
      Hug spring hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Daring

I would say almost opposite symptoms, so hard to mix... but one has likely both anxiety and depression for what ever reason. I guess that you call manic depression at certain point... In any case diagnoses feel bit moot when root issues aren't helped by some basic label.

Quote Originally Posted by lpdorch54 View Post
      I have just been on a course Understanding Depression and Anxiety and you can definitely have both together. Anxiety is often a reaction to situations you find unpleasant so you get panic attacks, shaking and leg wobbling. Depression is more when you have feelings of not wanting to take part in life so you don't want to get up or go out and in extreme cases have self harm and suicidal thoughts.
      Ipdorch54, you hit the nail on the head there. I definitely feel like i suffer with both anxiety and depression. I generally have no motivation to do anything but sleep but can also have severe panic attacks with situations that are unpleasant.

Oh hello everyone by the way. I am new, probably should of started with that!
      Likes Coastatsunset liked this post.

thanik you for sharing i think that the cause of depression is a frequent anxiety

My Mood
      Worried

Thanks for this. The depression and anxiety descriptions are pretty much exactly me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast