Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

My Mood
      Confused

Very interesting thank you.

My Mood
      Breezy

hi i suffered from depression for best part of 25 years before the anxiety started now 1 reflects on the other so double trouble and medication doesent work on me

I have been told I have depression (though I doubt it is), but not anxiety. I think I have some some of anxiety.

My Mood
      Breezy

i been treated for depression off and on for over 25 years and i just cant take the depression meds they make me worse so i go on tablets for a few weeks feel realy ill and suicidle so come off them been a non stop roller coaster for near on 30 yrs ime going to the doctors monday and asking for a proper assessment fingers crossed i get one

My Mood
      Tired

mischief.I read the webpage and found that I could really relate to the anxiety part, that the way I hold back from doing just about anything and avoid moving forward is actually anxiety. This was a wow moment, I know I'm struggling with depression and OCD as well, but bringing in the anxiety as well may help me understand what I'm dealing with.I thought my medication had my anxiety under control, but clearly it does not.Joanna I think you may need to say a bit more so some one may help you.

Founding Member
      My Mood
      Sad

I don't knowingly get anxious but my body does!! I would look forward to something but usually my stomach would erupt before hand. I had tests years ago and it was called "nervous tummy" and now I get treatment for depression/anxiety. I hate how I can't control these things
      mh

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
      I like that they include Bipolar here. I was misdiagnosed with just Anxiety and Depression for years before I was "just talking" to my Psychatrist about what turned out to be hypomania. I thought I was just being really productive despite racing thoughts etc. when I was not depressed.
      I am a professional Artist recently diagnosed with Cyclothymia, PTSD, and OCD, along with the diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder and Depression for the last 12 years.

My Mood
      Crappy

I have both Anxiety & Depression along with Boderline Personality Disorder (according to my consultant - which I disagree).

Joanna,first thing towards getting better is to accept you have an Illness .there is no shame in having a mental illness,as long as I tried to hide it It got worse,once I started to accept and started to treat it as another illness,now after suffering with depression ,anxiety,PTSD and panini attack for the last 15 years,I started work 6 years ago,told my boss,my colleagues ,my friends ,literally everyone,now I feel much better as I am not scared to have a panic attack or feel down as everyone in my life know what is happening ,people who have diabetes or heart problems are not ashamed of it,so why should we be ashamed it is just another illness,see your gp urgently and get referred to therapy groups ,you will meet a lot of good people and will understand you are not alone.it will get better trust me ,asking for help is not a weakness but strenth,so take care and good luck.
      Likes sunset547544 liked this post.

My Mood
      Inspired

Default Life gives you lemons you now have lemons

Life has not given me a great deal of hope for a bright future. I was diagnosed incorrectly but asked my doctor for Cymbalta (for prolonged join pains). It helps a bit with my depression which is what I must have. I am apathetic any longer to my life really. I care so much about others and see the "head in the sand" behavior of others that causes me even more to lose hope.

So no panic attacks but I also have no urge to get things done that need to get done. So, I am guessing that is just depression?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast