Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is 'thought broadcasting' ?

My Mood
      Blah

Default What exactly is 'thought broadcasting' ?

I'm interested to learn more about thought broadcasting . I'm intrigued by how we all fit into a spectrum of mental illness and it's my personal peeve that we shouldn't be split into different diagnoses as this only serves us badly by negative labelling.

I have 'neurotic' mental illness, that's as far as I'm interested in being diagnosed. I want to know about thought broadcasting because I wonder if it's related to a symptom that I have as a non 'schizophrenic' person.

I am 'watched' all day whether i want to be or not, I am never alone. This includes my thoughts sometimes but mostly it's my actions and spoken words that are observed. Now I know that this isnt real but it doesn't stop me being plagued by it all the same. I am constantly changing my behaviour all the time to appease or impress whoever I think is watching me but i know deep down that they're not really there. Is that the difference with thought broadcasting, does the sufferer believe that it's real? Is it so real that I may be offending people to suggest that it may not be real?
      Thanks MikeTheInquisitive gave thanks for this post.

for me, thought broadcasting is a psychic phenomena. it usually happens every day and can sometimes get so intense that i am continually thinking something and then someone immediately says exactly what i was thinking. but then i get uncertain about the origin, whether i am picking up their thoughts or if they are intercepting mine and assuming that their thoughts are autonomous and unique. but then it extends into other areas such as thinking about a song and it coming on the radio, or an advert and it appearing on tv, or thinking about someone moments before i see them, and then i begin to consider other possibilities such as quantum mechanics and reality creation, my thoughts influencing my surroundings and the creation of multiple dimensions on a massive scale, or reality selection via chaotic determinism... and so on until it grows into what MH professionals like to call delusions of grandeur, but i digress.
      Thanks nickos777, Kerome gave thanks for this post.

In the delusion of thought broadcasting the patient believes that their thoughts are being made known to other agencies. This may be via telepathy, the radio broadcasting his thoughts, the newspaper telling about his thoughts etc.

Some patients believe that other people can hear their thoughts.

This condition occurs most frequently in schizophrenia.
      http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepa...?ID=-167378931
      My "newspaper" https://paper.li/f-1299495251
      Support mental health research http://www.mentalhealthresearchuk.org.uk/
      http://mcpin.org/ https://www.mqmentalhealth.org/

My Mood
      Blah

Cheers Elbow, doesn't everyone get that though? I'm always coming across 'coincidences' and and always getting deja vu, does not everyone get that then? My Mum used to share dreams with her sister and my therapist says he gets deja vu that can last for longer than 20 minutes! I wish I knew more about quantum physics because the idea that time is linear doesn't really seem right to me....... What do you think?

My Mood
      Blah

Some quantum theorists believe that everything happens all at once and that the passage of time is an illusion. This would explain deja vu and other stuff such as humming a song that comes on the radio, I do stuff like think about a film I havent seen for years and then see that it's on the tv that night, stuff like that you know? My therapist thinks that all the ages of us that we ever are are present with us all the time, even the older parts that we supposedly havent experienced yet. I had a friend who absolutely KNEW that she would die before 40, she just knew it and she died at 36.

My therapist was camping once and woke in the middle of the night with a compulsion to move camp for no apparent reason. When he awoke, the place where he'd been was flooded and if he hadn't moved, he'd have been washed away! Also, he had a compulsion one day to ring his son's school and found that just 5 minutes earlier, his son had fallen and broke his arm!

This world has more to it than conventional science is able to explain. But i still don't believe in God, LOL

My Mood
      Blah

Oh and i once had this really vivid dream that was so real it bothered me for days until I recounted it to my mum. She told me that it was a memory of something that had happened to her as a child during the war, I'd got it down to a fine detail that i had never been told and that neither of us could explain. It was then that she told me that she regularly shared dreams with her sister. Explain that one then!!
      Likes Kerome liked this post.

exactly ally, the problem with conventional medicine is that it won't take these possibilities into consideration. i came about the knowledge of chaotic determinism and what i later learned to be quantum mechanics through channelling entities that gave me a tonne of information about life and the universe, about DNA and how we are creators and choose our realities according to the subconscious signals we project. time isn't an illusion per se, but it is highly misunderstood and absolutely nonlinear. history itself is a construct, but then you're getting into the problem of history vs nature, whereas nature is the observable progession of events succeeding the beginning of the universe, which is better likened to a forward motion rather than the passage of an external force that dictates our lives, and history is an imaginary scale based around a major incident. like you say, all time is interconnected, hence synchronicity and premonition. but it is also fragmented and multifaceted, given that all possibilities exist at once in potentia: i dislike determinism per se because i am an autonomous being, i'm not a puppet, i can and will make my own choices. a deterministic model dictates that we have no free will. but with the chaotic aspect that comes in on the quantum level there emerges the ability to decide which of those countless possibilites one will take.
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Blah

I like the idea that somewhere out there is a universe where I'm doing everything I want and am everything i want to be, just wish I was in THAT one, LOL. Sometimes I wonder if we 'flip' between universes, that's my way of feeling like I have some control over things if everything HAS already happened. Wish I could get my head round some of the stuff you know about but if I concentrate too hard I become like Homer Simpson with the dancing monkeys in my brain.....

i suppose conscious choice and taking control of one's own reality is a form of flipping through universes or dimensions. the way i percieve existence is like a multidimensional map... it is deterministic because all of the paths are already laid out, but it is chaotic because the choices are countless and exponential. we have control because we can choose which of those paths to take... and when we consciously choose to change our reality it is in a sense flipping into another universe. we CAN have everything we want, if we know we can attain it, but we're often halted in our progression by fear and doubt.... that's one of my major problems. in addition, we are constantly bombarded with societal expectations and messages intended to disempower us, because an individual in full control of themselves and their reality is outside of the system, and the system relies on individuals to maintain it.
      Last edited by elbow; 25-07-11 at 16:23.

My Mood
      Blah

Oh definately. I wonder how many people on here dont actually want to rejoin 'society', I know i dont, not in the 'productive member' sense because there's so much fucked upness in the world that most people refuse to see. One thing I wonder is why they dont all just get monumentally bored with it all for one thing. Sometimes I think i'd rather be the 'mad' one because actually I can see the sanity that seems to elude others around me....Might start another thread about this, hmmmm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast