Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can Trichotillomania be associated with ptsd?

thats alot of animals ha ha my mum always wanted an iguana but my father is terrified of em lol so we couldnt get her one and yeah i get what your saying about it all. i think people probably do use your advice you dont need to worry till you find yourself blocked by everyone lol (joke) .

anyway thanks for everything hun but i am going to try and get some sleep as i have been awak for 33 hours now! and very sleepy not even insomnia can keep me awake mwa ha ha lol anyway look after yurself x

sleep well
      "And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."

Hi do you know of this site?
      Wondered if it would be worth looking at:
      http://www.trichotillomania.co.uk/_working/about.html

qf.
      We are not text books.

just to say your not alone, i'm a hair puller, i do it quite a lot, have done since being little. in children who grow out of it its ususally just associated with anxiety but for people who do it into adulthood its very complex as far as i understand.

as far as i understand my self i pull my hair during flashbacks and when i dont feel really here. when i was little i used to pull my hair out because he'd grab me by it and i wanted to get rid of it. i think it can be associated with PTSD but their not necassarily linked.

thankyou for the web address will take a look

rain and roses,
      you would not believe how much better it is to find that im not alone in this!
      this makes alot of sense to me thankyou so much

to everyone in this thread...
      you would not believe how many others out there have this disorder. Its millions, in the US alone.
      Sharing with others about it goes a loooong way. So if you can, share with friends and family.
      I don't know if you guys tried treating it, there are various treatment methods. Personally I think therapy is better than meds. Herer you can learn about various treatment methods for trichotillomania.

As for link to PTSD, I don't think they're linked in any direct way. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some kind of co-morbidity, but I don't think there's a cause/effect link anywhere between the two.

Lightbulb I have had this problem

I have had this problem, I read a lot of articles and tried to solve the problem. I searched trichotillomania eyelashes grow back , natural oils are very useful, I learned this. Okey, we have this problem, but we have to solve it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123