Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can Trichotillomania be associated with ptsd?

well heres the story........... ( just incase you want to back out while you got the chance lol)

since i was about three my dad abused me sexually, he took photos, touched me etc as i got older he started to rape me.
      he then started to give me drugs to sedate me and would take me to other houses and prostitute me, alot of filming, torture and so on. he would take me to these places at the weekend were there were about 30 kids we wernt allowed to talk to each other and people used to come pick the kids they wanted and we had to participate in videos. there was this cabin place he used to tie me up in, drugs, different men no food for a week. i would get really ill. anyway loads of stuff inc pregnancies. when i just turnt 15 i moved house and without my friends for distraction, even though they didnt know, i guess i must have cracked i told a teacher at school then ran out. i sat on the harbour all evening and eventually walked into the sea. the first time i ever tried to kill myself. the next day i came into care away from my 8 siblings and parents my dad was interviewed and taken out of the family home. time went by my whole family turnt there back on me they just have so much loyalty to my dad (hes powerful and really clever). i developed ptsd went into hospital, my dad went to court, there wasnt enough evidence and he got to go home happy as larry. now im left unable to protect my little sisters or go home. yea thats alot of writting

oh my god i really dont get that. You went through so much and that scum is still walking around the streets!? there must be something? all it took to convict my brother for 6 years were a few abusive texts and my word. i had to go and do a video interview with the police and explain everything that happened. it was shown in court and he got locked up. isnt there anything you can do at all? thats just horrible how someone can get away with that.
      "And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."

i did the video interview, but my dad aint stupid. also they told my dad what was going on beforethey searched the house soooooo for example they found the computer but the hard drive with the memory on was missing! hmmmm how convenient! yet not enough evidence to prosecute,!!!! stupid police it was practically....

phone rings
      dad:" hello?"
      police:"hello this is the police just to let you know we will be arresting you and doing a search in your house in a couple of days"
      dad: "ok cool thanks will phone the storage company"

urghhh! so annoying oh well hes going blind now- karma!

If my abuse was as bad as that, i think i would end up killing him.
      "And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."

i hate it when people say that: about my abuse being worse. i think everything is just as bad just different.
      anyway i know this might sound weird but i do love him still how can i not he's my dad! anyway thanks for talking to me, positive change to my sleepless nights

have drank 2 litres of coke and am wondering why i have only just discovered the choclate malteser bunnies in the fridge!
      okay sorry obviously i have gone a bit nutty sorry :s

well i can understand the love thing. if you check my blog you will see that ive drafted a letter to my brother in prison! love is a funny thing isnt it :s and abuse is bad no matter what, but you have just been through loads. you deserve atleast a big hug or something! and i wish i had malteaser bunnies

i dont really know how to use this yet-only just joined.
      but i think i found it about the letter to your brother in prison?!- that must be really hard! and brave.
      yea i guess the love thing is weird but then thats unconditional love for you.
      its cool i'll hug my cat........ouch it scratched me lol oh well
      you seem to help alot of people on this, thats really nice have you ever thought about a proffesion in mental health?
      *cyber malteaser bunny* x

Hahaha a professional ^^ no, its never crossed my mind. i just read what people write and i just speak from experiance. its all about understanding the person, their motivation and what they want to do. it kind of upsets me when i see people on here that want to kill themselves. its hard because i dont know what to say, i mean like its hard to try and save people over the internet. but i do try :S Psychology is something that i think would deflate me. solving problems comes naturally to me and if i had to study about all of that then it would just put me off :S
      i wish i had a cat. they sound so fun. my friends cat rips up her christmas presents and attacks her tree at christmas. its adorable

your obviously just one of those amazing people with the strenght to carry on despite your past and still continue to care about a world that doesnt seem to have cared for you much. helping people and livin your life thats good. cheesy but true. i've had cats all my life so the novelty has kind of worn off one time we had 11 cos two had kittens at once lol. only one now thou the strange thing about this cat is it alsways sleeps with a dog bone :/

I havent quite given up on the world yet! I have my bad days and my random crazy moments but other than that i can give advice that i think could help someone! im only 16 so im not really qualified to tell people what to do, its quite weird, i wonder if people actually use my advice
      Oh yum! just looked at the pancake day thread in the chill out cafe
      I love fluffy animals, when i was growing up i used to have loads of hamsters but we stopped getting them because they didnt live very long and it would upset my mum when they died. but we have 2 tortoises 2 corn snakes and 1 bearded dragon. the tortoises can live over 60 years, the snakes over 30 and the lizzard im not sure.. but a while. my mum only really lets us have reptiles because she gets upset when animals die, and she doesnt like dog hair. shes a bit of a clean OCD! heh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast