Thread: Thinking Problems

Default Thinking Problems

Hello everyone.
      Nowadays I've come to find out something really strange. I wanna know if it's a problem of mine, a problem of people with mental difficulties or even healthy people experience it.
      It may seem extremely ridiculous but please answer because it's very important for me.
      When studying philosophical and ideological texts which are complicated, I get dizzy and can't really understand them well.
      Hug Aurelius hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude1 View Post
      Hello everyone.
      Nowadays I've come to find out something really strange. I wanna know if it's a problem of mine, a problem of people with mental difficulties or even healthy people experience it.
      It may seem extremely ridiculous but please answer because it's very important for me.
      When studying philosophical and ideological texts which are complicated, I get dizzy and can't really understand them well.
      Does this happen with brief periods of reading or with lengthier periods of reading or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
      Does this happen with brief periods of reading or with lengthier periods of reading or both?
      Both of them. I'm so stupid

My Mood
      Brooding

Nothing to do with stupidity - so please do not tell yourself that. Some major reasons why you might feel dizzy/light headed (or even nauseous) are:

• anxiety symptoms (including sensory symptoms such as dizziness, etc) - these are common in people sitting exams and it can easily become a vicious cycle - the complexity of what you are looking at raises anxiety symptoms - these interfere with concentration levels and short term memory - this makes processing far more difficult increasing the challenge of the task - which increases the anxiety symptoms - and so on......
      • physical tension and posture - when we are confronted by the type of difficulties you mention, we often tense up and this can badly affect our posture so we hold ourselves unnaturally - which can affect our oxygen intake, our visual processing and put pressure on our parts of our nervous/muscular system - each of which can cause sensory discomfort (i.e., feelings of dizziness, etc), interfere with our ability to concentrate, promote anxious responses, etc.
      • dehydration, low sugar levels and a drop in blood pressure can also result in these symptoms.

Remembering to to have occasional drinks, snacks and exercise/relaxation breaks can often help with all of the above.

Finally, you could have a sight check to see if you need reading specs - as these can help mediate interference with mentally processing what you are reading my making the visual processing far easier - otherwise you might try some non-prescription reading specs.......
      Thanks Solitude1 gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Cheerful

Start with lighter Texts, Philosophy makes me Dizzy, Almost, And Ideological stuff can get Very Woozy x xx
      I Want to Know you -- Tell me, The Bad stuff -- Let's talk About It --

But remember, To Share the good things, Little Love--letters, Moments of -- Peace <3 <3<3

My Mood
      Cheerful

Philosophy Always gives me Splittin head-aches x x It's worse Than Memorizing an Entire Phone-book x x Pick another Area, of Study x xx If you need a Good book, try the Buddhist dhammapada, it's easier . . . <3 <3
      I Want to Know you -- Tell me, The Bad stuff -- Let's talk About It --

But remember, To Share the good things, Little Love--letters, Moments of -- Peace <3 <3<3
      Thanks Solitude1 gave thanks for this post.