Thread: Afraid to take my medicines??

Default Afraid to take my medicines??

I have really severe anxiety and panic attacks. Iím having trouble eating and drinking and taking showers.

Iím CONSTANTLY in ďfight or flightĒ mode where Iím forcing myself not to call 911 and I feel sick and anxious.

I havenít eaten in 3 days. And I only ate then because my doctor forced me to eat a bagel and some orange juice in her office.

Before that, I hadnít eaten in 5 days.

I struggle to eat because I feel like Iím choking.

Well, I just got done with an inpatient behavioral health stay at my local hospital and they gave me Remeron and Pepcid... the Remeron is dissolvable and goes on my tongue, the Pepcid is chewable over the counter.

Hereís where Iím struggling. Iím TERRIFIED to take the medicines at home out of fear that I will have an allergy or severe adverse reaction.

I took Pepcid in a swallow tablet at the hospital nightly and I took a dose of Remeron dissolvable at night that was minty and I was fine.

But Iím suffering from the fear that the particular generic kind I got at the pharmacy may cause me to have an allergy due to different ingredients

I had a Nasolaryngoscope done today where they shoved a tube down my numbed nose into my throat and he said I have really bad GERD or acid reflux and that itís causing some problems swallowing, shortness of breathe, chest pain, etc for me and he also recommended that I take the Pepcid.

But Iím terrified.

Iím scared that I will have a severe allergic reaction and paramedics wonít get here in time and I might die. I know it sounds irrational, but I canít help panicking.

Please help me or give me advice. Iím so desperate.
      Thanks Jbb79 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Jbb79 liked this post.
      Hug exyz hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Angelic

Generic meds are the same formula as named ones just cheaper. I think you need to revisit your doctor and tell them what you are doing and not eating etc. I think right now you need medication to calm yourself down enough to then get to the root of the problem through therapy.

Anaphylaxis is VERY rare and highly unlikely to happen to you. Just thought that might make you feel a little better.
      A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor

Thank you for that information!

I did talk to the doctor about not eating and being afraid to take my meds... so her solution was to give me the dissolvable and chewable ones and telling me to ďsuck it upĒ in friendlier words about the fears of having a reaction to the meds.

I have an intake appointment In 4 days to discuss getting admitted into a partial hospitalization program where I will go to group counselings and therapy for 3-5 hours a day 5 days a week and Iím PRAYING that it will help. Iím desperate at this point.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it and Iíll try really hard to remember that anaphylaxis isnít likely so that I can *hopefully* get my medications down.

My Mood
      Cheerful

You know, not having eaten can increase Fear, or phobias - When I Don't eat, I Get more Panic / Anxiety attacks x x Can you get some Broth, or May-be SMOOTHIES x x
      I Want to Know you -- Tell me, The Bad stuff -- Let's talk About It --

But remember, To Share the good things, Little Love--letters, Moments of -- Peace <3 <3<3

My doctor said the same thing!! Not eating will cause and intensity feelings of panic and anxiety! And I believe her. Ugh. I went to her office last week and hadnít eaten since the day I was discharged from inpatient hospitalization and she made me sit in her office and eat a bagel and drink some orange juice. I felt sooooo much better when I left her office. Then I came right back home and struggled even more to keep eating. 😢😭

Iím going to try to force myself to get something down today. Whether it be a soup or some kind of smoothly or something like applesauce to start out with.

Thank you!!
      Thanks Jbb79 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Jbb79 liked this post.

My Mood
      Cheerful

I Hope it Works, You need and Have Earnt A Good meal <3 <3

But remember, To Share the good things, Little Love--letters, Moments of -- Peace <3 <3<3

My Mood
      Cheerful

Maybe go to The HOSPITAL, For a While x x Not Eating is Really, Really bad

I canít even get water down at this point because Iím so panicked and anxious. Iím terrified and I havenít eaten in several days.

Iím getting to the point where I feel that I may pass out, especially when standing up from a seated position, I feel fatigued and out of breathe constantly, Iím dizzy and having difficulty driving.

I was just hospitalized twice I was admitted Christmas Day and released on the 28th the first time and the second time I was admitted on the 29th and kept until January 5th

Iím terrified to go back and be a voluntary admittance again because Iím afraid theyíll want to keep me for weeks and I have an outpatient appointment on Tuesday 😩😩😩
      Plus the people at the ER are really tired of seeing me, so Iíve forced myself not to go for the last week or so...which has been extremely difficult, especially with not eating and how bad I feel.

I donít want to call a squad and waste the paramedicsí time on my anxiety because they could be dealing with so many other more important issues. And I donít want my fiancť to have to care for the house and all of our pets on his own again. I feel like Iím having a mental breakdown and Iím terrified. 😭😭😭

I tried to eat a couple bites of applesauce this morning and gagged and coughed feeling like I was choking.

Is it stupid for me to go to the emergency room for this and risk getting stuck in the psychiatric unit again for the third time in a month?? 😥😥😥

My Mood
      Cheerful

No, You Need to go, It's important, For you x x

<3<3 <3