Thread: Missing deadlines, cannot get myself to work

Default Missing deadlines, cannot get myself to work

I don't know how to deal with this.

I always crash and burn by the time finals come around, it's not unusual for me to be a whole week late for an assignment or two.

But this year, I had a full time job during the summer, so I didn't even get the chance to rest before school began again so for the semester I have been awfully behind, had zero motivation, could hardly even get myself to come to class. By December I am just completely exhausted. So far, I have missed two deadlines, and a professor just emailed me saying that if I don't submit my essay by Monday I would fail this course, and I still can't get myself to just start working.

I don't know if it's the depression or just laziness. And I don't know what would happen if I simply fail this whole semester. My grades so far haven't been bad so if I get expelled out of the blue, my parents would surely kill me.

Any help would be appreciated.

get off your butt and get it done, don't allow momentary depression ruin the time spent in school. Once your paper is in, then focus on the reasons why it was so hard, but don't allow it to consume you. Take yourself to a location outside of your usual place or comfort zone, relax, focus, and do the work. It is hard to get back what you lost, and often it will lead to lower self esteem and confusion. You can do it. Don't give up.
      Thanks this_snow gave thanks for this post.
      Likes this_snow liked this post.

My Mood
      Tired

I know things can be quite difficult at time. Often depression causes a lack of motivation. It is easy for me to say "just work through it", but sometimes that is much easier said than done. I truly hope you summon the strength you need to complete your work. Afterward, please take a break. I wish you the best.
      Thanks this_snow gave thanks for this post.
      Hug this_snow hugged this poster.