Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: thinking.of quitting work

Sounds a good idea doing office work since diagnoses I have just volunteered although I got a night shift job cleaning bacon lines which I left after 2 months. Now I'm not doing anything which is very boring. Also alot of employers discriminate even though their not supposed to. My advise would be not to quit unless you have something else to go to. Anyhow good luck on whatever you choose to do.

My Mood
      Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by WDR98 View Post
      Sounds a good idea doing office work since diagnoses I have just volunteered although I got a night shift job cleaning bacon lines which I left after 2 months. Now I'm not doing anything which is very boring. Also alot of employers discriminate even though their not supposed to.€‹ My advise would be not to quit unless you have something else to go to. Anyhow good luck on whatever you choose to do.
      Back to benefits maybe?

I think I will write an email to my boss just before I leave for good. It will be an update of what work I am doing and where to find it. I will apologise for leaving but say my mental health problems are too severe. I will say the doctor signed me off work, so that is that. Something along those lines.

Maybe I can still get a reference off him, if I word it well enough.
      Last edited by burt tomato; 11-12-18 at 19:41.
      Likes Mayfair, exyz liked this post.

Forum Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      Back to benefits maybe?

I think I will write an email to my boss just before I leave for good. It will be an update of what work I am doing and where to find it. I will apologise for leaving but say my mental health problems are too severe. I will say the doctor signed me off work, so that is that. Something along those lines.

if you have sick note, and doctor signed you off, I don't think need to add this bold. None of their business, and don't want them passing this info on.
      All generalizations are false, including this one.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      Back to benefits maybe?

I'd stick with it if I was in your position because being on benifits sucks. Or go for the office work which sounds a solution. See how you feel after x-mas.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345