Thread: Am I over reacting again?!? PLEASE HELP

My Mood
      Scared

Default Am I over reacting again?!? PLEASE HELP

Hello! Please help me out here

I feel like I have sunk to the bottom of the absolute earth and I donít know if Iím over reacting. My partner has been dishonest with me several times in the past about talking to different girls in a flirtatious way etc. As far as i know he has never actually cheated. We resolved these problems and currently are solid and the best ever. Heís my best friend and I love him to the end of the world.

So we deleted all social media because that is where our problems stem from. Since itís been fine. Obviously I still have trust issues- it comes with the diagnosis and the sting of the dishonesty from before.

So I glance at his phone and notice heís been playing a game on Facebook messenger with some girl, who is so much prettier than me. Thereís also some messages. Nothing flirty or anything but heís not friends with her, heís never mentioned her before so itís weird.

Obviously Iíve addressed it and he said itís only an online game, there is nothing in it. He canít see why Iím upset about it.

Am I being stupid? Because right now I want to curl up in a hole and let the world swallow me up. I want to cry. I want to self harm because I feel like Iím never ever good enough.

I donít know what to do
      Hug unspoken-words hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Mellow

Hello , no not at all I don't think you are over reacting especially as your partner has been dishonest with you in the past. Please do not blame yourself for thinking this way, if you want your relationship to work then he must be honest with you.
      Mental Health Assessment = ÖÖÖÖ.. we will get back to you next week on that one ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ. sorry what was your name again ?
      Thanks LittleEll gave thanks for this post.

id probably react the same way, but im also an over reactor so this isn't a helpful comment
      Hug LittleEll hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Scared

You are not overreacting, I promise - he needs to be honest with you!
      Hug LittleEll hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Scared

Hello my fellow over reactor! Thank you for being on the same wave as me x x
      Hug unspoken-words hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by LittleEll View Post
      Hello! Please help me out here

I feel like I have sunk to the bottom of the absolute earth and I donít know if Iím over reacting. My partner has been dishonest with me several times in the past about talking to different girls in a flirtatious way etc. As far as i know he has never actually cheated. We resolved these problems and currently are solid and the best ever. Heís my best friend and I love him to the end of the world.

So we deleted all social media because that is where our problems stem from. Since itís been fine. Obviously I still have trust issues- it comes with the diagnosis and the sting of the dishonesty from before.

So I glance at his phone and notice heís been playing a game on Facebook messenger with some girl, who is so much prettier than me. Thereís also some messages. Nothing flirty or anything but heís not friends with her, heís never mentioned her before so itís weird.

Obviously Iíve addressed it and he said itís only an online game, there is nothing in it. He canít see why Iím upset about it.

Am I being stupid? Because right now I want to curl up in a hole and let the world swallow me up. I want to cry. I want to self harm because I feel like Iím never ever good enough.

I donít know what to do

Firstly, feel okay for feeling the way you do - but do not self-harm because you are more than good enough!!

Secondly, If 'he canít see why you are upset about it' - either he is in denial or should look for a hole to swallow him up for being so insensitive and/or stupid!!!
      Thanks LittleEll gave thanks for this post.