Thread: I psychoanalyze a lot and it leaves me feeling alone

My Mood
      Bashful

Default I psychoanalyze a lot and it leaves me feeling alone

I am bpd and so I have a lot of emotions that I am always absorbed with trying to analyze. I also try to find deeper connections between things and so spend a lot of time thinking, from which I emerge ready to talk for hours or pages of email.

I don't know other people who are like me, I want more in depth conversation but so often people lost interest.

Qwerty, Hi. You don't have to have borderline personality disorder to be prone to over analysis. I have bipolar and do this. All week I've been obsessing with a family issue; analyzing it six ways to Sunday. Part of the reactive pattern is writing a long letter so the person who dominated me can "understand me". So far I haven't done this. I suspect not giving in to the urge will bring about change.

I do have a good person to talk to, which we did for half an hour. This brought me from anger to sadness. If you do not have a good person to talk to, I am available.
      Last edited by Poopy Doll; 04-12-18 at 16:04.

My Mood
      Bashful

Hi Poopy Doll, thank you so much. I was just feeling a little down and was going to write to pairou; I feel bad because even though my friends are in therapy they are still more neurotypical than me bc they have jobs and spouses, where I have none. Having disorders has made me different in a bad way and alone, and I don't like it. I hope to be myself and a whole hearted person, a better person than when I was in a good school and job. I hope I get better with relationships and sense of self.

Thank you so much for your help. I will be haunting this forum a lot because I am trying to cut down how much I email my other friends. I need to concentrate, and this forum is really good for helping me with distractions and mental problems without making me feel like a burden.

Take care, thank you for helping me with my tendency to get distracted. I am glad you have someone to talk to and that you will resist the urge. I was bulimic for fifteen years of my life so I know how hard emotions and behaviors can be to change.

I think I will be working on relationships and trust and more and more just being honest and more rational.

Thank you so much for listening. The sense of warmth and security you give me is unfamiliar, so now I am rambling, waiting for you to reject me! Thank you.

Qwerty, it is unlikely that I will reject you.

My Mood
      Bashful

Thank you poopy doll. I know and yet the amygdala doesn't. Some of my friends can be real assholes, a little uncaring or insensitive, and then I am so extremely flighty in my emotions. I used to think it was part of my nature but I am starting to believe it can change.

What happens is that sometimes my relationship with others is right on cue so I get used to it, and then something falls through and I am left gasping for air.

I just wish I were a more secure person. I am working on myself and my relationships with others now.

I also hope to get a job and maybe a so, because I prefer to fit in if I can. I know, not good reasons but I feel so outside the norm of people now. I identify as different now.