Thread: Not sure what to do.

Default Not sure what to do.

Hi,
      I'm 21 and have suffered with depression and anxiety for about 6 years now.
      I was taking anti depressants for a while but I had a choking incident and couldn't take them any more. In the last month things have spiralled out of control, I moved out of my parents house 2 years ago and now I can't afford my rent then I broke up with my long term partner and since then I have not stopped drinking.
      The drinking is getting so bad it's all I can think about, but the last 3 times I've had a drink I keep having panic attacks and they're become worse and worse. I've got new meds now and they desolve but I haven't been taking them properly due to getting too drunk and falling asleep without remembering to take them. This is my first sober night in a while and it's now 03:51. I can not sleep without a drink and I can not keep my heart rate down. I feel my self falling deeper and deeper into dark depression and I don't really know how to stop it. So I guess that's why I'm here.

Sorry for the long post but once I started it kept flowing.

My Mood
      Blah

Welcome.

If you aren't already, I would suggest seeking out counselling. It's obvious you rely on alcohol more than you should, and even if you're on medication, as you said the drinking prevents you from taking them properly. You won't feel yourself progress until you rid alcohol from your life. Easier said than done, I am sure, which is why I think you need to seek professional advice and support. Posting here is definitely a good option too; you'll meet people who are going through the same situation, or have before, and they can help. But you need in-person support as well. I wish you well.

So sorry you are having a hard time. I'm going to tell you something that you may not believe but it is verifiable. Most anxiety and depression starts in your gut. The stomach and intestines require a balance of good bacteria, proper nutrition, etc. If you are drinking non stop, your balance is out of whack. Taking probiotics, eating yogurt, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, eating lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, and avoiding processed foods and gluten will make you feel like a new person. If you are skeptical, look it up on the internet. I also recently heard that people who eat a Mediterranean diet have less anxiety and depression, I'm assuming for the reasons I stated above.