Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much for Love Thy Neighbor

Default So much for Love Thy Neighbor

We took the dogs for a run in the park and then left them in the car while we made a pit stop in the store. IT WAS NIGHT. It was not hot. Some dumb young woman came up to me and said, "I almost broke your window. You left the dogs in the car without cracking the windows." She even had them make an announcement in the store which we wondered if that was our car.

I got so angry. Dogs and children die in cars during the day, not night.

All my background on love thy neighbor and deal with people in a loving way just went out the window. I was just so angry that she would suggest we are not good to our doggie children. I'm so angry I can't eat dinner. I have so much adrenalin. And I completely forgot to be kind to this idiot young woman. And now I can't stop thinking about it. The argument goes on and on.
      Last edited by Poopy Doll; 23-11-18 at 23:26.
      Hug BPDevil hugged this poster.

She saw them panting from the run in the park and assumed it was hot in the car. I never got a chance to tell her this as she walked away, her style of winning the argument. God I hate when people do that.
      Hug megirl hugged this poster.

I'm sorry to read that this happened.
      Some people just don't know how to make their point or put across a concern. Plus it seems like that person reacted emotionally rather than just ask if your dogs are ok.

Despite what this person did, it's good that you didn't yell at her. And despite her saying you are not good to the dogs, you know that you are and that's all that matters. Not this random person's opinion who made a judgement on you looking after you dogs based on what they saw.
      ~(=^‥^)ノ☆ ヾ(・ ・`。)ノ _〆(。。)

Thanks so much, Anime. I keep thinking about it because my ego didn't get the last word in. LOL

My Mood
      Inspired

I think she meant well. You hear about some dog owners who leave their dogs in cars, and some terrible things happen. Even though that wasn't the case for you, I wouldn't think that she did it on purpose to insult you or defame you, just to make sure that the dogs are okay. And they were okay, so all is well

My Mood
      Fine

Some people are stupid. You love your dogs same as me. And we get to judge what is good for them.
      Its a hot day here today but actually dogs pant when they are happy it doesnt have to be hot
      Yep my dogs just chilling out and hes smilling which is pure contentment
      xx

Quote Originally Posted by R_Sxo View Post
      I think she meant well. You hear about some dog owners who leave their dogs in cars, and some terrible things happen. Even though that wasn't the case for you, I wouldn't think that she did it on purpose to insult you or defame you, just to make sure that the dogs are okay. And they were okay, so all is well
      Thanks R Sxo.

Quote Originally Posted by megirl View Post
      Some people are stupid. You love your dogs same as me. And we get to judge what is good for them.
      Its a hot day here today but actually dogs pant when they are happy it doesnt have to be hot
      Yep my dogs just chilling out and hes smilling which is pure contentment
      xx
      Thanks megirl,

Once, in college, my now-wife and I left our dog in the car while we went to the cafeteria to get food to go (she was temporarily homeless, we slept in the car, so we had nowhere else to leave her; my dorm didn't accept animals).

When we came back, a security guard said someone had called the cops and they almost broke our window to get our dog out. He'd convinced them that we would be right back, which we were.

It was a cool day, windows cracked, water available. The girl would have had to peek into the car to see her.

Some people just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pairou View Post
      Once, in college, my now-wife and I left our dog in the car while we went to the cafeteria to get food to go (she was temporarily homeless, we slept in the car, so we had nowhere else to leave her; my dorm didn't accept animals).

When we came back, a security guard said someone had called the cops and they almost broke our window to get our dog out. He'd convinced them that we would be right back, which we were.

It was a cool day, windows cracked, water available. The girl would have had to peek into the car to see her.

Some people just don't understand.
      That's the whole point. It was a cool day, not a hot day. Some people have no common sense. Thanks for your response, Pairou. I found it very threatening to have somone say they were going to break out the window in my car. Who's going to pay to repair that ??
      Last edited by Poopy Doll; 04-12-18 at 13:54.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast