Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyclothymia - help and advice needed

My Mood
      Lonely

I am shocked by how they and the gp have behaved. It didn't used to happen like this and i am relieved i don't need their help at the moment. I have heard what it is like now which is why i am trying to take care of myself as much as possible but i know that my gp also has little patience so i need to keep him happy and not go to see him often. The less i go, the more he requests i go back, which is backward if you ask me. I fortunately have access to medication that works enough for me to function but not work though.

It is easy to understand why people make suicide attempts and why some people die from them. Private psychiatrists are very expensive unfortunately. You could try PALS and make a complaint although that could make things worse. There is no harm in asking them for advice and they have been helpful for me in the past. I think that is where you should go next.

Thanks for your reply.

I have spoke to PALS, they haven't even bothered to investigate it, they have just ignored it. They are so helpful where I live, they are useless, they don't even answer their phones, it goes straight to voicemail 99% of the time.

Any more suggestions? Sounds like it's just self management
      Hug Tabby 88 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Lonely

Exercise, eat well, no stress, rest, light box for the winter, stay indoors all summer. No coffee, alcohol, or anything exciting. One day you might open your eyes and not be able to move for the depression, and i hope you can call on help. A bad situation you are in and i hope it doesn't end badly. I expect you will struggle on for a bit longer now. You can call 111 whenever you need to and make sure you do call them. I think you should change your gp surgery as a priority. To refuse to discuss your mental health is shocking. Keep trying, or get on with life as best as you can and accept you have a disability because i am on medication, but still life is very difficult. Treatment maybe is not what it should be so maybe you are not missing anything other than weight gain, dry mouth and headaches. I'm not being serious enough now, this is your life, i'm out of ideas but i am sure that something will turn up to help. We are all moving forwards every day and everything changes inside us and outside too, so something is going to change.

I struggle to eat well and go out and walk when I am in a bad mood.

The reasoning is they can't help me anymore as all they do is refer people. I find a lot of GP's in this area don't know how to help or want to help as it takes up a lot of time talking to people, when they have 10mins per appointment.
      Thanks for your help.

Hi
      I was wondering if anybody else had any more advice for me?
      I feel very much I am on my own, I have my well being coordinator at MIND, who has referred me onto other stuff which is good, but they are other charities, so high demand and potentially a month waiting list.

Is it bad that the charities are picking up for the NHS in mental health support?

I went for a week having a down mood, so that was 19/11/18 to 26/11/18, then I woke up on the 27/11/18 and felt slightly better then normal and woke up today in a foul mood, its currently 3pm and my mood is starting to pick up again,

Which makes it very difficult to plan your life, attend appointments, or even feel like your getting help.

I have spoke to NHS during my really down mood this morning and they refused to allow me to speak to a triage nurse, which was so poor, thats how people end up killing themselves when they reach out for support and get rejected.
      Hug Tabby 88, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Lonely

Being rejected seems wrong but i was rejected so much that it gave me the strength to not ask them for help. I don't ever ask people what they think i should do or how i can help myself anymore, i rely on myself. I hope you can get to that point. I was very passive for various reasons but now i am in charge!

What do YOU want to do?

My Mood
      Tired

Hi James,
      It's terrible but sometimes we have to keep asking for help.
      My CMHT didn't care when I was depressed yet when I was having delusions they suddenly started to care.
      I think maybe some staff need retraining as depression can be very serious.
      I'm sorry this happened to you.
      We are here for you, willing to listen.
      Have you tried your GP?
      Do you have a CPN? Try calling them on Monday.
      Take care

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know what I want to do, but I can't carry on having such large mood swings it makes some days hard to get out of bed.
      GP are utter useless I am looking at moving.
      Whats a CPN?

My Mood
      Lonely

community psychiatric nurse

Thanks, it's not something I have heard of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12