Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you right off your last friend due to schizophrenia

My Mood
      Worried

Went to see my so called best mate. Got a cold response I explained that I was ill. No phone call from him since not even to see if I am ok. Nothing. Can't believe it.

So annoying
      Hug ramboghettouk hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      try harder to do what, as the nurse at uni said no one gets better from schitzoprenia and very few get work, mostly role models that basically prove my point
      Actually I know a few people with Schizophrenia that work in banks, insurance and marketing - I am one of them.

For me I had no where to live and was discharged from hospital and left waiting for months for help from the government.

I gave up on them helping me and had to start working. I went from two days as a temp and now I work four days.

Working actually helps, as I know from when I am alone off work with nothing to focus on, those are dark days....
      Last edited by FadeToBlack; 29-11-18 at 04:40.

Rambo, I meant that I should probably call him once in a while instead of only him calling me.

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
      Actually I know a few people with Schizophrenia that work in banks, insurance and marketing - I am one of them.

For me I had no where to live and was discharged from hospital and left waiting for months for help from the government.

I gave up on them helping me and had to start working. I went from two days as a temp and now I work four days.

Working actually helps, as I know from when I am alone off work with nothing to focus on, those are dark days....
      and i know a lot of people with schitzoprenia who don't work, theres a lot in mental health places, one guy in my unemployment group says he's only worked a year since 1977 and he wishes they'd get off his back, he only said that when moving and hasn't once mentioned a diagnosis, maybe he's a scrounger

theres always the exception that proves the rule
      Last edited by ramboghettouk; 29-11-18 at 12:18.

Founding Member

got another lettter stressing me up, maybe i should get out of the situation and get a job, i just don't see it as feasible and when i did turn up at the job centre some employee said he thought i was unfit for work

My Mood
      Doubtful

I was just making the point that there is no rule, and people do work. 8% of people to be exact. It is possible. I personally spent 6 months just focusing inwards on my symptoms and it wasn't helping. Having something to do is better than any rubbish that comes out of a therapists mouth.

Job centres are rubbish to your other post. They never helped me at all. I was lucky that I got a temp job where family works, and now I work four days. It can happen.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack; 29-11-18 at 16:20.

Founding Member

you had a very supportive family including family in work, it's who you know and long term schitzos like me don't know many in jobs

was at my unemployment group mind employment women turned up to give a talk, i asked if she could help, she said she wasn't qualified and would refer me on, i asked to who she said she couldn't discuss it in public

i can imagine some last hope place were no one gets a job,,but people are kept from wondering the street, i thought i was the sort of mind guy going to mind she was paid to help but seems not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12