Thread: Is this really Social Anxiety?

Default Is this really Social Anxiety?

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with going outside but its strange.... My problem isn't people but its when there is allot going on... I can talk to one or two people fine as long as there isn't too much going on but If I am in a busy high street then I cant without my mind absorbing everything in.
      I can walk down quiet places no problem except I sweat allot even in winter but when I am in an environment where there is allot going on its like my mind doesn't have a filter to filter things out, it just comes at me in one go and it overwhelms me and causes my adrenaline to kick in and if I try and get a grip and just carry on it gets worse and worse to the point where at one time I almost lost all bladder control and I started sweating heavily (In Winter) and I felt it coming out of my back and my chest and armpits and head. I don't wear anything heavy so its not because I got too much clothes on, if anything I wear too little because all i wear is a T - Shirt and a thin plastic rain coat and jeans.

If I go in to Town where there are allot of people it happens... I took my dog out the other day and I was going through the public path where nobody goes because its very muddy and when I got to the other side where the main road is... I saw all the cars and it happened again. Its kinda like being scared of heights and your standing on top of somewhere high looking down. Sometimes after a panic attack I start hurting... My chest and my stomach start hurting and my bladder goes funny to the point where If I eat something I get diarrhoea and my body won't keep it in despite how hungry I might be. I also get headaches and a strange pressure sensation on my head and sometimes if its too much Its like rapid beating heart has moved to my head and its beating inside and bashing in to everything which hurts. I was on Beta blockers once and they didn't do much to help and I am on fluoxetine for my mood swings, I get low moods. I get basic symptoms too like shaking hands and jelly legs...

Whats going on? I might go see my GP again after nearly a year because I don't know whats really going on... I had counselling but she wasn't very nice but that story is not for this section. Whats wrong with me?

Hey Seth, sorry you are having this anxiety. A counselor may be able to help you with some techniques for combating the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopy Doll View Post
      Hey Seth, sorry you are having this anxiety. A counselor may be able to help you with some techniques for combating the reaction.
      Unfortunately I have had counselling and it didn't work out very well as she was rude, impatient and her 3 phones where constantly ringing and she was looking at them and kept losing her patience when I needed her to explain something. Then when I explained how it was starting to impact my work life she told me "You just need to get back on the horse and carry on" Then when the bad weather hit and I couldn't get in because the buses weren't able to drive, I got her card out and phoned her but the number wasn't a real number and so I phoned 3 mental health sections and non had her number and so I phoned the centre where I was meant to have my session and she said she was in session and couldn't take a call..... She was in session but I wasn't there and our sessions would normally last 2 hours and there was never anybody after me waiting on all the times I went there for a session... She cancelled our sessions afterwards and removed me from her list
      Last edited by Seth1403; 24-11-18 at 01:26.

Dear Seth,
      Boy, am I sorry to hear you had such a lousy experience. I've had some bad experiences with therapists and shrinks too.

But theoretically if you did find an empathetic counselor, you could receive some useful help ??