Thread: Just want an opinion.

Default Just want an opinion.

First, Iím sorry if a similar situation has already been posted. I am simply hoping for an opinion on if I should be concerned or not. I have G.A.D. And have always had body image issues to a certain degree. It has never been terrible until the last couple of months. My life has changed in many ways and I now weigh more than I ever have. I am scared I am on the road to developing an eating disorder as I think I am starting some bad habits. Now, i assume these are coming on due to the life changes and feeling a bit out of control + the weight gain. My habits are that I have been planning meals and counting calories (I get a bit anxious if the calories I have left get to be too low of a number). I also have been purging but not habitually. I would say 1-4x a week if I eat fast food or something really filling. I do at home exercises every day, it is nothing excessive. Some days I can eat completely normally and have no worries but then other times I get really worked up about it and count my chews, get nervous about some foods, look up photos of fit people, count calories, etc. I tend to weigh myself once a day or every other day when I used to not care about it at all. I am finding it hard to focus on anything but my weight and eating habits and the guilt I feel when Think i eat more than I probably should. I have a pretty large fear of gaining any more weight and feel very low about myself right now. I guess I am scared of where I am headed and am wondering if it sounds like I should be too worried. Part of me is confused because, like I said, I can sometimes go a day or half the day without caring at all then it hits me all of a sudden that I need to do these things. Please someone help! I have no one I feel comfortable opening up to about this.
      Hug Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Bored

Hi,
      Are you in therapy or seeing anyone for this?
      Have you talked to the doctors about this?
      Why do you feel the need to purge?
      Thanks Mayflower7 gave thanks for this post.

I havenít seen anyone for this partially because I am scared to talk to people about personal issues and partially because I feel that I donít want to waste their time if it is not a big enough concern. My mom has looked into therapists for my anxiety but they seem to be few and far between near me without a long drive. I purge when I feel really full which makes me feel guilty because i feel it was way too many calories. This is more frequent if I eat a large lunch or breakfast because I am worried about the fact that Iíll want to eat dinner with my family and we tend to always eat large homemade meals together.

My Mood
      Bored

I think you really need to talk to someone about this, maybe just mention it to your doctor as people shouldn't be purging.
      Thanks Mayflower7 gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Tired

Hi Caylyn,
      Welcome to the forum
      Please see your GP, they will be able to help you.
      Here to listen, I have weight issues too.
      You can pm ( private message) me or post on this thread.
      Good luck in your journey, hope life is kinder to you.