Thread: I'm a counsellor trainee and have no been experiencing problems

Default I'm a counsellor trainee and have no been experiencing problems

I am having extreme anxiety with facial twitchs and a falling sensation in my head I assume this is adrenaline when sitting in front of a client. I am trying to listen to them and be present but my mind is racing. I have been given venaxfline to take but haven't started it yet I'm just worried this will mask my social anxiety. I am experiencing a swaying sensation in my body also and feel like I am falling through the floor a lot of the time. Has anyone experienced this
      Hug SunnyDaze hugged this poster.

hello Ryann90 soiunds severe what you are experiencing like a mind body split but i aint no expert. maybe being a counsellor is not the best thing to do at the moment.

maybe its time for you to go and get counselling yourself as to me this might be a trauma that you have been avoiding looking at. and eventually this repression leaks out into our physical body.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann90 View Post
      I am having extreme anxiety with facial twitchs and a falling sensation in my head I assume this is adrenaline when sitting in front of a client. I am trying to listen to them and be present but my mind is racing. I have been given venaxfline to take but haven't started it yet I'm just worried this will mask my social anxiety. I am experiencing a swaying sensation in my body also and feel like I am falling through the floor a lot of the time. Has anyone experienced this
      Hi & welcome Ryann90, yes I have and still do get some very weird physical stuff happening, twitching, shaking, slipping away, I have bad tinnitus when I get over anxious, it doesn't frighten me anymore, Iv had loads of therapy and know now that I'm not going to die during one off 'my episodes' Black smoke described it very well with repression we can only suppress for so long before it all has to come out and our body's go into a sort of survival mode, don't be afraid if you know you are 100% fit you'll be ok, I hope you take Blacksmokes advice and step back from what your doing and take time to yourself and consider some therapy, perhaps give the meds a try, I'm assuming your male and it's ok to cry! honestly I find a good cry can help get a load off cra* out! takecare.
      Thanks blacksmoke gave thanks for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann90 View Post
      I am experiencing a swaying sensation in my body also and feel like I am falling through the floor a lot of the time. Has anyone experienced this
      If this happens at any other time away from a patient then it could be an inner ear problem/infection. I have a swaying, rocking, falling sensation very often and mine is damage to my right ear.