Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try to help my daughter

Unhappy Try to help my daughter

my daughter is 12 years old, it was diagnosed with depression illness and has auditory hallucination since this September, my family was shocked with this. Now she was treated with Serpent hydrochloride and olanzapine from doctor, but its side effect is too stronger, now only after 2 months, she became fat and often feel hepatodynia.

For the doctor, they cannot give patient hope, only request patient to have medicine, as side effect is too strong, so we can stop eating this medicine, besides I hear neuro feedback training is effect on her?

Stop eating the medicine is ok? Neuro Feedback device has a good result on this?

My Mood
      Fine

Hi Welcome to the forum.

There are alternative approaches to hearing voices/auditory hallucinations. A good place to start learning about them are Intervoice: The International Hearing Voices Network

It's important to raise the issues your daughter is facing with her medication with her doctor.

We always advise you to always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications.

In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.
      Mischief = The state or quality of being mischievous.
      Click here if you need emergency help
      LIKE the Mental Health Forum on Facebook
      Thanks Mayflower7 gave thanks for this post.

Default Thanks

Really thanks for your information, when I saw her pain , I really want to
      replace her, so young to suffer this.

Are there some friends who have the experience to use some kinds of neuro feedback training, it can reduce this sufferer?

Find Holistic Psychiatrist , they saved my son’s life
      My son was on Olanzapine 25 mg , he gained 80 pounds and effected his liver.
      Stop Olanzopine very very slowly, don’t e just stop it
      Let me know if you need more info

Default Thanks

Dear Leahkelly,

Thanks for your reply, since my daughter is like this, we felt depressed and lonely, and nobody can tell us how to do. My daughter ate Olanzapine plus abilif, we can see her more and more fat, now stay home and cannot go to school.

How about your son now? Really hope he can jump out of this. What’s meaning of “Find Holistic Psychiatrist”, we have let our daughter on Psychological doctor every week, but we feel no obvious progress? Holistic Psychiatrist is like psychological doctor? How long do it need? I would find the same resource in China.

Thanks! Owen

Holistic Psychiatrist is a Doctor Psychiatrist but treating my son with all vitamins and minerals
      She did a lot of testing about vitamin deficiency and based on the results she put him on a lot of vitamins
      We realized change on him right a way , and He is down to 2.5 Olanzopine now , I don’t know how you can find suct doctor in China, I live in Boston USA
      Last edited by TiredTina; 29-11-18 at 10:18. Reason: Personal details removed

Default Thanks

Leahkelly,

It is glad to hear you son information, I browsed from youtube, somebody said vitamin B3 can treat this, but it seems not normal way,

In china,it is difficult to find one Holistic Psychiatrist, could you help us introduce one?

Owen

Do you want the name of my son ‘s holistic Psychiatrist here in Boston?

Default Thanks

Of course, could you give me his or her name and e-mail, I can send e-mail and ask some questions?

Owen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast