Thread: being weighed

My Mood
      Fine

Default being weighed

I have lost a lot of weight just with stress splitting up with husband shifting etc-
      But anyway still seeing my mental health support worker most weeks and now see him and a psychologist. Anyway shes going on about my weight I am only slightly underweight had weight issues in the past. Now because shes weighed me its like I don't want to eat all I want to do is get thinner the best thing is for her to leave me and my weight alone. I dont know how to deal with her. Should I just tell her to back off going on about my weight leads me to want to lose more. I havn't had bulimia but have in the past starved and purged excessively, but without the bingeing

Hi there.I could really relate to your post.

Im thinking maybe instead of just telling her to back off you could explain to her what's going on.

I am currently going through something similar and the more people comment about my weight loss the less I want to eat.It's all about control for me though.I have so much chaos in my life and eating/not eating is something I can control. Its not healthy for me though.

ACCOUNT CLOSED

I also relate, I'm already almost under weight, but if I speculate and focus too much on my body or compare myself to others then I end up wanting to lose more, maybe explain that to people who do bring up your weight if you trust them

My Mood
      Fine

Well she is there to help lol,
      I just get defensive about my weight and it feels like shes critisizing me about my issues around food.
      Thinking rationally its just me thinking shes accusing me about eating, its just that she is trying to help me.
      Whn I told her about the restricting etc eventually she commented in a nice way 'umm..that wasnt so hard was it' I was like well I guess not
      Hug SunnyDaze hugged this poster.

We use scales that have a detachable, plug in attachment that shows the digital weight so our clients can't see what they weigh.