Thread: Unexplained weight gain possibly triggering

Default Unexplained weight gain possibly triggering

Hi, im new.
      Im stuck in a rut at the moment
      I am seeing my Dr and am aware no-one here can diagnose me i was just wondering if anyone had been through something similar.
      Over the past year (4years anorexia got very underweight)
      Ive gained a lot of weight, on too few calories a day never more ive had my lympnodes checked my gp knows im not eating more my basic bloods are fine ive been refered to have my hormones checked but its in three months and im trapped in this state of being ill but gaining weight and its making everything worse.
      Sorry this is long and i mentioned very low calories im just desperate.
      Last edited by calypso; 24-09-18 at 00:38. Reason: ED specifics - not permitted on the forum
      Hug Helena1, InfiniteRectangles hugged this poster.

Senior Member InfiniteRectangles's Avatar
      My Mood
      Inspired

I have struggled with an eating disorder for years. I lost a lot of weight because I couldn't bring myself to eat, and when I did eat I'd purge afterwards. I was underweight, and then I suddenly started gaining weight again. My guess is that my metabolism slowed down from not eating, so even though I was consuming the same amount of calories every day, they were being processed differently, if that makes any sense? Anyway, when I went on Zyprexa for my bipolar disorder and psychosis, it made me gain a ton of weight. So, at first my weight gain was unexplained and then it was caused by Zyprexa. Now I am overweight and trying to shed the weight but it is very difficult. It's difficult to eat because I know that I need to lose weight, but I also know that not eating isn't a healthy way to lose weight.

Anyway, I guess my point is that it's hard when you start gaining weight, especially when it's unexplained, but if you were underweight before then it's good that your body is gaining a little weight so that you can get to a healthy weight. I know it doesn't feel good. Believe me, I understand how hard it is to start gaining weight when you already feel like you're too fat. I don't really know for sure what is going on in your situation. I just wanted to let you know that I understand. I know how you must be feeling right now, but you can and will get through this.
      Tomorrow could be a beautiful day. It'd be a shame to miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRectangles View Post
      I have struggled with an eating disorder for years. I lost a lot of weight because I couldn't bring myself to eat, and when I did eat I'd purge afterwards. I was underweight, and then I suddenly started gaining weight again. My guess is that my metabolism slowed down from not eating, so even though I was consuming the same amount of calories every day, they were being processed differently, if that makes any sense? Anyway, when I went on Zyprexa for my bipolar disorder and psychosis, it made me gain a ton of weight. So, at first my weight gain was unexplained and then it was caused by Zyprexa. Now I am overweight and trying to shed the weight but it is very difficult. It's difficult to eat because I know that I need to lose weight, but I also know that not eating isn't a healthy way to lose weight.

Anyway, I guess my point is that it's hard when you start gaining weight, especially when it's unexplained, but if you were underweight before then it's good that your body is gaining a little weight so that you can get to a healthy weight. I know it doesn't feel good. Believe me, I understand how hard it is to start gaining weight when you already feel like you're too fat. I don't really know for sure what is going on in your situation. I just wanted to let you know that I understand. I know how you must be feeling right now, but you can and will get through this.
      Hey thsnks for your reply i totally get what you mean but, and i cant put numbers but i don't eat much at all, my doctor is as confused as me i have not increased my calories at all from being my lowest its scary not justthe weight but the medical reason why could be serious