Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: social anxiety ruins my life

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa88 View Post
      Thank you for your replies. My social anxiety confuses me as I have moved country 3 times completely on my own and got through it but yet I am scared to make a phone call!! I don't get it. I drink a lot of alcohol to get rid of the feeling and yes you will say stop but the social anxiety is so bad that I cant. Work and family commitments are completely socially focussed and therefore it is an everyday occurrence. I really don't know what else to do. My counsellor said to keep pushing myself to conquer my fears but I have been doing this for years and it never gets better!!
      I used to be afraid to make calls as well. Whenever I did force myself to do it, I used to be so inaudible. To this day it still doesn't make sense to me why calls triggered my anxiety.

I was able to overcome this issue by prepping and encouraging myself before each call. After each call, I would think about the positive aspect of it and find improvements. After that, I would try not to think about it and clear my head of any other thoughts about making calls. I believe it took me months or even a year before I started to become more comfortable making calls. I still stumble when I make calls, but I don't beat myself up over it anymore and don't feel any anxiety for calls at least.

I do hope you find your solution.

Tell me! I am attracted hairy men hd. And I constantly spend a lot of time Gay News Feed| Menhdv. Does this mean that I am also a homosexual or is it not exactly yet? Girls are attracted too, but I really like the site (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12