Thread: What is happening with ICD11?

My Mood
      Tired

Default What is happening with ICD11?

Looks like every personality disorder will be merged into one... and there are some personality traits as undercategories. Looks like some things get straightout deleted.
      Let me go ~
      Thanks Pollypop gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Crappy

You got a link or anything?
      "While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to earth" - FR

My Mood
      Tired

https://icd.who.int/browse11/l-m/en
      Let me go ~

My Mood
      Relaxed

I was looking at it last night and I really like the look of it.
      It finally recognises it starts in childhood and teens for most people, but also recognises that there are occasionally people like me who it doesn't manifest until later in life when you have finished dealing with everyone else's shit and finally your's is so heavy you end up in a great pile of it thinking stupidly sensible thoughts about dying being the only way out.

However the best bit is instead of being labelled for life it can be removed and become past medical history, rather than a noose round you neck for the rest of your life, a bit like I had measles, now I don't and I like the fact it's working on a trajectory so people can move back and forward depending on the severity of the symptoms.

Like now for me for example, I have BPD, no matter what happens people have a very stereo typical image of BPD and if your male you are more likely to be ASPD rather than BPD.
      But in the ears of the health profession I'm BPD, and as such I must be/do x,y z. And this assumption is mad without ever meeting me because the label is you have a patient coming to see you who has BPD....

They absolutely hate having their assess handed to them, I certainly don't meet the stereotypical BPD, I generally earn a lot more than the nurse assessing me, and the fact I taught some of them makes it even better....

The fact I can say I have mild personality disorder symptoms or I'm struggling and going into the moderate list makes it so much easier, having a symptom checker means I can pick up the phone and say can I come and see you this week I need an off load or a rationality check, if I'm on the mild check it means I can give up these weeks and have some decent time without the psychs dragging things back up.
      (Baring in mind, I understand I'm lucky enough to be in place to have 24 hour access when I need it) and I know others aren't.

But surely if you can symptom check it will make it so much more easier to talk and recognise you need help. It will also make it a damn site easier to claim benefits, as it will make it easier to categorise yourself and gives excellent pointers for filling in the bloody PIP form.

So yes I think I like this one.
      What's your view....?

My Mood
      Crappy

Is that a new thing is it? I thought that it was that way anyway, that they claim BPD can improve enough for someone to 'no longer meet the criteria' and thus, have the diagnosis removed. Or do they not actually remove it as it is, is it still there in a file all the time regardless?
      "While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to earth" - FR

My Mood
      Tired

The problem I have with this that since I got the BPD diagnosis I feel some kind of identity, and I fear that I could lose that feeling :/
      I have literally no idea who I am or where I do belong, being diagnosed that way was a bit relieving for me. It sounds weird but... Seeing that diagnosis merged with every other PD just feels like something is taken from me.
      Let me go ~

A part of me feels like they didn't know what to do with certain PDs (namely schizoid, which I am) and so they just... chucked everything together and hoped for the best. Not sure about how I feel about the other points you guys brought up, gonna have to think about it some more.