Thread: Research: Would you seek help for eating disorder symptoms?

Default Research: Would you seek help for eating disorder symptoms?

This has been approved for posting on the forum

MSc dissertation - Help-seeking and social emotional functioning in young adults (females age 18-30) with eating disorder symptoms

Hi everyone, my name is Sofie, and I am currently undertaking a Master degree at University College London (UCL), Department of Psychology & Human Development.

For my dissertation, I will investigate the potential association between social emotional functioning in young adults with eating disorder symptoms, and associated help-seeking behaviour. A better understanding of this would be highly valuable in order to increase help-seeking rates for eating disorder symptoms, so that as many people as possible can be helped at an early stage.

Invited participants for the study are females between 18 and 30 years of age, who experience any kind of eating disorder symptoms, of any degree. The data will be collected through the online platform Qualtrics, where interactive digitised tasks exploring social and emotional functioning will be used together with questions regarding eating disorder symptoms, help-seeking behaviour, and social emotional functioning. It is expected that the data collection will take approximately 20-30 minutes. The online tasks and questions can be completed in one session, or be saved and completed over several sessions. All responses will be completely anonymous and confidential. The project has been approved by the ethics committee at the Department of Psychology and Human Development at the Institute of Education, UCL.

Further information about the project, data management and confidentiality is provided if you click on the survey link: Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions

The first page is information only, and you can decide whether you want to take part or not after reading the information. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at sofie.johnsson.16@ucl.ac.uk.

Your help completing this online questionnaire would be highly appreciated! It is not the easiest topic to find participants for, but it is very close to my heart so I am hopeful that I will be able to get a large sample. If you know anyone who would be interested, please just pass on the link.

Thank you ever so much!

With best wishes,

Sofie
      Last edited by TiredTina; 18-06-18 at 15:25.

Hi everyone, just a gentle reminder that the data collection is still on-going - I truly appreciate your help responding to the survey!

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much to those of you who have responded - I truly appreciate it!

Just to let you know that the survey is still open for another week. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best,
      Sofie

A massive thank you to everyone who has responded to the survey!

The survey will now close in order to allow time for questionnaire-scoring and data analysis.

I truly appreciate you all taking time to respond - thank you from the bottom of my heart! It is anticipated that the results will be ready to publish during autumn 2018, and I will share the results in this group. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on sofie.johnsson.16@ucl.ac.uk.

Once again, thank you!

Best,
      Sofie