Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: More Resources for 'Schizophrenia' Recovery.

ACCOUNT CLOSED

Unethical Psychiatrists Misrepresent What is Known About Schizophrenia

Unethical Psychiatrists Misrepresent What is Known About Schizophrenia

"Prominent psychiatrists are stating that schizophrenia is a brain disease like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or multiple sclerosis.

These statements are disconfirmed by scientific facts: no neurologist can independently confirm the presence or absence of schizophrenia with laboratory tests because the large majority of people diagnosed with schizophrenia show no neuropathological or biochemical abnormalities and a few people without any symptoms of schizophrenia have the same biophysiological abnormalities.

People with schizophrenia do not usually progressively deteriorate: most improve over time.

Psychotherapy and milieu therapy, without medications, have led even the most severely disturbed individuals with schizophrenia to full recovery and beyond.

Many people diagnosed with schizophrenia have recovered on their own without any treatment, something never accomplished by a person with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, or multiple sclerosis."

The Antipsychiatry Coalition
      Likes N/A liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by cpuusage View Post
      People with schizophrenia do not usually progressively deteriorate: most improve over time.
      Thank you for this shred of hope!!

ACCOUNT CLOSED

Quote Originally Posted by Lowri View Post
      very interested in alternative ways of perceiving the experience of psychos My name's Lowri. I am a 32 year old female. I have had 4 psychotic episodes in the past 6 years. I have entered other world like states where I'm hallucinating. I'm currently under section for my latest psychosis. I'm being treated with clopixol. I came around about two weeks ago and feel better than ever. I have suffered from depression or negative symptoms of psychosis since my first psychosis. I don't feel depressed at all since coming around this time.

I am a creative soul and enjoy writing and doing art. I blog about mental health and write short stories.
      Hi Lowri. Welcome to the forum.

Founding Member

bit off topic but i'm with sally army housing, though a large no of the homeless are mentally ill, it gets funding basically because it isn;t officialy for the mentally ill, same with samaritons though been a danger to yourself is a reason for sectioning under the mental health act it gets funded as it;s not officialy for the mentally ill, both charities get more than mental health charities

sums up the discrimination
      Thanks cpuusage gave thanks for this post.
      Likes cpuusage, Kerome liked this post.

ACCOUNT CLOSED

You can still take drugs that will help you to sleep and function and remain fine with schizophrenia!
      Last edited by Mayflower7; 19-01-18 at 21:51. Reason: Links not allowed by new members

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940