Thread: HOCD thoughts subsiding, compulsions decreasing, but libido still gone

My Mood
      Stressed

Default HOCD thoughts subsiding, compulsions decreasing, but libido still gone

I have dealt with HOCD for two months now, and while the thoughts are starting to go away, and the compulsive checking has almost stopped entirely, one issue remains. My libido and ability to get physically aroused still hasn't returned. It has me incredibly worried. Before this I loved talking about girls, thinking about them, checking them out, and my body would respond accordingly. Now, it's barely any response, if any at all. It has me worried and sad, and sometimes brings back some of the worries that have been slipping away.

Hi TML. I use to take a drug called anafranil. It stopped my constant thinking cold. They give this drug to horses to maladjust them to being stuck in a stall. I decided to stop the drug. The thinking lots of thoughts came back. The anafranil also was constipating. Who needs that ??

Now I take navane and it totally kills my libido. You have to ask yourself, can I handle the thoughts myself ?? Can I handle the compulsive behavior myself ?? Compulsive behavior is helped more by therapy than drugs, you know.

My libido has never returned since I'm on the navane several years now. Destroying your capacity for a relationship is hardly helping you. People look to the drugs to stop obsessive compulsive disorder when all the answers lie within you. There are therapists who specialize in this, you know.

TML,

I know exactly how you feel mate, because that’s me right now.

I had HOCD years ago, which is actually what made me seek help. However, I didn’t stay with the physchistriat as the lady who was trying to help me didn’t have OCD and didn’t really understand what I was talking about (this was about 12 years ago).

I have managed and controlled my OCD through different obsessions (the majority of the big ones and some random other ones too).

I have always been interested in women and have never thought about lads like that. Now my OCD seems to wait until I have somethng going on in my life and it focuses on that subject I.e. I had a girl in my life who I really like and then boom, OCD steps in. Sending me weird scenarios, making me question myself, images etc. I’m at the stage where I can appreciate that it’s OCD and not actually me thinking this stuff (as everyone else with OCD seems to know but can’t shake the ‘what if’ factor). The problem is, it kills your libido.

To give you an example, when I was worrying about diseases, I didnt even question this OCD, now I have this OCD I don’t worry about diseases. See what I mean? It’s a vicious circle, you just have to tell it to ‘Get Lost’ over and over mate.

Im waiting for my OCD to move onto something else now as this is doing my head in.

You can do it. Stay strong.

Default OCD confusion, could use some help!!

Quote Originally Posted by CK1234 View Post
      TML,

I know exactly how you feel mate, because thatís me right now.

I had HOCD years ago, which is actually what made me seek help. However, I didnít stay with the physchistriat as the lady who was trying to help me didnít have OCD and didnít really understand what I was talking about (this was about 12 years ago).

I have managed and controlled my OCD through different obsessions (the majority of the big ones and some random other ones too).

I have always been interested in women and have never thought about lads like that. Now my OCD seems to wait until I have somethng going on in my life and it focuses on that subject I.e. I had a girl in my life who I really like and then boom, OCD steps in. Sending me weird scenarios, making me question myself, images etc. Iím at the stage where I can appreciate that itís OCD and not actually me thinking this stuff (as everyone else with OCD seems to know but canít shake the Ďwhat ifí factor). The problem is, it kills your libido.

To give you an example, when I was worrying about diseases, I didnt even question this OCD, now I have this OCD I donít worry about diseases. See what I mean? Itís a vicious circle, you just have to tell it to ĎGet Lostí over and over mate.

Im waiting for my OCD to move onto something else now as this is doing my head in.

You can do it. Stay strong.