Thread: Research into controlling your voices

Default Research into controlling your voices

Thanks exyz, NWiddi gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Breezy

I went to the hearing voices network that I go to and they have developed new technology
      That allows you to use graphics to make a photo of the people behind your voices
      So you can put a face up and go oh that's so and so name them.
      Likes Cazcat, exyz liked this post.

My Mood
      Relaxed

I found the article to be very interesting, I wish I could sign up for it. My voice is very resistant to the medication.
      Hug exyz, Cazcat hugged this poster.

I can't help with research, however, a few tricks to help with hearing voices, as a former voice hearer myself, and even to this day in general terms this is, managing voices very well by;

most importantly on medication. Now I wish, that via even on here, when people will moan and moan about their voices, when this type of het up feeling happens, and particularly if in Britain, please do seek help, from your GP, and a referral to the community mental health teams, and I am sure after they learn, they will do their utmost to help, that's the first thing,

listening to music; even more so, since I have been a lost and found case within the British Police departments, and more when having become mentally unwell, through trauma, with hearing voices, I always always do listen to music, and musicals virtually as i am, in a full time position, that I can do this.

Also; take some exercise if you are physical and age wise able to do so, I always workout to my fitness dvds when I can, and h opefully and all being well,just thereafter my holiday/vacation, I'll hopefully shall be planning to attend zumba and zumba gold classes.
      Thanks exyz gave thanks for this post.

I remember, that whilst being a lost and found case, I happened to have heard a lot of police voices, filtering through their radios, now years la ter, paranoia, wise, I can feel much worse, because i could sense within me, and wondering are british police, on about me or what? So unfortunately works both ways. Now i know this is about h earing voices, i felt i had to let the cat out of the bag, and drop a point about my paranoia, anyway thankfully, since the last several years, I haven't had anymore hearing voices or paranoia bother from the Police overhere.

I just thought i;ll delve a bit more, in the repsects of my previous post.
      Hug Cazcat hugged this poster.

Personally I found that by trying hard to ignore the voices and doing my best not to answer or reply to them has made the voices much much quieter!

When I first started to hear voices I would end up having conversations with them because as a human being it is just natural to reply to someone speaking to you. I’m a very analytical person and analyse most things in my life and I noticed that the more I spoke to them or even trying to listen to them then the louder they got! Considering everything they ever said was negative and not true then I questioned myself as to why I was even bothering trying to listen!

It’s getting on for 18 Months now since I have been trying to ignore them and not reply and still occasionally I will accidentally reply, however the voices get quieter every month and now the loudness of the voices is only about 20% of what it was at its peak and they are so quiet now it makes ignoring them even easier!

It’s no overnight fix for sure however because of the success it has brought me I have not needed to turn to medication which generally have side effects.