Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A guide to Duality

My Mood
      Mellow

There is always time!

My Mood
      Relaxed

Thanks for the 3500 views, I hope this has been of some use to people.

I'll be updating with how I'm doing with my voice in a few weeks.

My Mood
      Relaxed

My voice hasn't changed much in the two years that I've been ignoring him for, he still begs me to talk to him and begs to come off medication neither of which will happen until he understands that I'm the boss and what I say goes.

Although futile he keeps saying the same things over and over sometimes a hundred times a day, "please stop", "you can't do this", "come on", "this isn't fair" (this one really makes me mad as he didn't consider wether it was fair to me when he put me in hospital for nine days and was causing me great pain before I medicated him), "one day", "I hate you" and "fuck you" are some of the things he keeps repeating, when he isn't saying things like that he sings, any thing to keep being verbal as he's in love with the sound of his own voice.

As far as medication goes I've just started switching from Olanzapine which I've been on for nearly two years to Aripiprazole gradually for next few weeks, hopefully the change in meds will help with the weight I've gained.

My Mood
      Relaxed

I've fully made the switch to Aripiprazole and I'm currently taking 25mg, my doctor will visit me again in a months time to put me up to the maximum of 30mg.

Already my appetite has decreased significantly and hopefully the weight I gained from Olanzapine will slowly drop off, I haven't noticed any side affects from the Aripiprazole or any withdrawal symptoms from the Olanzapine.

My voice remains the same, stubborn, stupid and unreasonable.
      Thanks Mayflower7 gave thanks for this post.
      Hug Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Relaxed

I've been on 30mg of Aripiprazole for a week now and happy to report no side effects, my doctor said I may get agitated but I haven't noticed any thing.

I'm down to 15 stone from 16 without doing much apart from Tuesday walking groups with the Early Intervention Team so the weight gain from Olanzapine is slowly dropping off and hopefully I'll get back to my original weight of 10st over the next few years.

Hello NWiddi,

I have read through you guide & the entire thread & Iím left wondering if your descriptionís of kundalini & duality are correct.

The common definition of kundalini is not as you describe here; it is said to be a pranic energy that is located at the base of the spine & that can be awakened in order to alter the state of being. When the physical body dies itís said that kundalini returns to the source (of creation?).
      What you describe as kundalini is more commonly known as the light body, & that is who we are on the inside, with the physical body being like a garment that is discarded on death. There is only one mind in this description, it belongs to the light body & it is the mind that each of us use everyday. The one that we all want to use unhindered by voices.

Duality is often described as being separate from God, that it is a low level of consciousness that can be transcended through advanced meditative practices. Once transcended the practitioner arrives at a state of non-duality, as they have become one with God.

Iím not especially interested in these subjects but I know enough to realise that your descriptions donít match the common definitions of kundalini & duality.

I wonder if youíre seeing your condition in the right light.

I realise that these care complicated subjects so I apologize if I have misunderstood.

My Mood
      Relaxed

You're absolutely right in what you said, I got Kundalini from the wiki page for Kundalini awakening and Kundalini syndrome which has a lot of the symptoms I've had as part of my hearing voices experience so I started calling my voice Kundalini as a way to name his kind, these days I just call them head-mates.

As far as duality goes it can have multiple meanings, I use it in the way that all humans beings have two minds sharing the same body so we are like dual-core beings like a computer processor. I would say that Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde is a bad case of duality as is a perfect metaphor for every human as we all carry another distinct and separate personality within us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234