Thread: I can't cope anymore I want to die

My Mood
      Hot

Default I can't cope anymore I want to die

I have had depression for afew years now. 2 years ago my life changed for the worse something I don't want to talk about as it really upsets me.

I feel so alone I have no family no Friends I feel being alive is pointless I struggle to get out of bed most days I don't want to feel like this anymore I feel best way to stop theses feelings is to take my life.

I have tried once before and it didn't work. I want to go asleep and never wake up.
      Hug Mark Dixon, Rick(amateur), exfbu, Anita1080 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Lonely

I am in the same predicament, I feel. I won't ask you what has happened, but I do want you to know that there are people who are willing to be there for you and are not at all judgmental.

Our lives has value and sometimes we all lose sight of that. I think your lack of family and friends has problem helped blind you to this truth. I think that there are people out there (and on this forum) who are willing to befriend you and be there for you as we are all in this together.

Before you felt this way, what did you like to do? What were your hobbies?
      Hug exfbu, Anita1080 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Chatty

Hi!

I know the feeling of being alone. I live with my family but I felt like I could never share anything with them since they couldn't understand me. Basically a loner all my life so friends are practically nonexistent at this point. I've tried taking my life and have no intention of doing that again.

I find that a lot of these problems arise when we cannot face our past. I can understand that there's something that upsets you but I see depression as a bully. The more you cower from it, the more it will pick on you. It won't stop until you face it head on and deal with it. This is never easy but taking your life isn't a solution.

I do think back to my suicide attempt and realized a few things. Note that I won't judge myself for doing it. I figured out why I was doing that. I had all these emotions that they were bottling inside of me. They slowly manifested into something so terrifying I thought ending my life was the solution. I find the best way to tackle the problem is to start a journal. You can let the journal be only for your eyes.

Basically, write down about that something that made you so upset. Yes, you will feel pain and suffering as you revisit it but this will let those thoughts out. It will be quite painful at first but, as you do it regularly, you'll find that the pain lessens. A bit like you've built more immunity to the pain. Slowly but steadily, you are facing your past and could stand up to this bully.

It's never easy to beat depression but I hope you will give the method above a chance. If you feel the need to cry or scream, do so. Anything to vent out the negativity inside of you will make each new day more bearable until depression is more manageable.

I wish you the best of luck! PM me if you ever need someone to talk with.
      Hug Mark Dixon, exfbu, Anita1080 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Hot

Thank You Mark I use to enjoy gardening but even that feels meaning less now.
      Hug Anita1080, Mark Dixon hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Hot

Thank you rick. I will give this a try all I seem to do when I come home is cry. The throught of revisiting it scares me if I am honest am not sure if am strong enough to do that.
      Hug goodgollymiss, Rick(amateur), exfbu hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGuy2018 View Post
      Thank you rick. I will give this a try all I seem to do when I come home is cry. The throught of revisiting it scares me if I am honest am not sure if am strong enough to do that.
      Crying isn't a bad thing since we use it to get out our frustrations. Though, I was a crybaby once and I got tired of crying after awhile. Remember that you dictate how much you want to revisit. It will be terrifying but take it a step at a time. Do it in small intervals until you visit it once. Then repeat it until you can recall it without feeling overwhelmed. Know that, whenever you need help, you have this forum. PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.

My Mood
      Hot

Quote Originally Posted by Rick(amateur) View Post
      Crying isn't a bad thing since we use it to get out our frustrations. Though, I was a crybaby once and I got tired of crying after awhile. Remember that you dictate how much you want to revisit. It will be terrifying but take it a step at a time. Do it in small intervals until you visit it once. Then repeat it until you can recall it without feeling overwhelmed. Know that, whenever you need help, you have this forum. PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.
      Thank you rick I am really glad I found this site. I don't feel as alone not felt like that for along time.

i really appreciate your help Rick thank you
      Hug exfbu, Anita1080, Rick(amateur) hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Sad

I'm in the same boat. I feel crap and lonley also all I want is people in my life that will never hurt me again I cannot trust anyone please help. I also want to die I feel too lonley to live on I feel without purpose. I have had depression for all my life and hit rock bottom now I have not even been listening to music or singing like I used to love doing. I feel I cannot get out of bed I have no motivation at all to even bother to continue with my life.
      Likes Mark Dixon liked this post.
      Hug Rick(amateur), Mark Dixon hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Anita1080 View Post
      I'm in the same boat. I feel crap and lonley also all I want is people in my life that will never hurt me again I cannot trust anyone please help. I also want to die I feel too lonley to live on I feel without purpose. I have had depression for all my life and hit rock bottom now I have not even been listening to music or singing like I used to love doing. I feel I cannot get out of bed I have no motivation at all to even bother to continue with my life.
      Hi Anita1080,

What you're feeling isn't new to a lot of people here. Being lonely is never fun as I've been a loner for pretty much all my life. I used to be so terrified of strangers that I would avoid conversation at all cost. With the recent strings of failures, I have hit rock bottom in my life too. I know too well the inability to do things I used to enjoy.

What I recommend is keep a journal and write out all your thoughts and emotions. Do it regularly and write as much or as little as you want. The point here is to vent out the feelings of helplessness. Also, write out your dreams and hopes you had before. You had those because everyone had those. If you cannot remember, then dig deep down inside until you do. I know everyone had those moments where they dwell on a past when they're happier. Instead of dwelling, you want to remember what it felt like to have purpose and use it to rekindle your fire.

Getting professional help doesn't hurt either. Getting advice and suggestions from professional could help but I usually prefer something that's more natural and more to the point.

I hope these help and PM me if you ever need someone to talk to. I felt so much relief when I just talked about all my problems, even if it was just to myself.
      Likes Mark Dixon liked this post.
      Hug Mark Dixon hugged this poster.