Thread: Unpredictability. Blocked EUPD friend.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Fine

Post Unpredictability. Blocked EUPD friend.

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd post this for support over the next few days.

I have blocked a friend with EUPD on Facebook.
      There was no arguing or anything, I just decided that I needed to block her because of her clingy behaviour towards me and I can't invest time in her attention seeking behaviour.

She texted me this morning and I blocked her number.

But now I'm thinking, is she going to text me from her boyfriends phone. Is she going to message me from one of her boyfriend's gaming accounts?
      Me and her boyfriend are friends.
      Luckily her boyfriend knows what she is like.

I also worry she is going to phone the DWP out of angry, tell them I'm faking my illness for example and get my benefits stopped.

I have all these paranoid thoughts and worries.

There was no talking, I just blocked her

I just don't want to hear from her anymore.
      I have suggested therapy to her.and for her.to see her GP. But with no success.

Hopefully nothing will come.of this and. We'll just never speak again.

Sorry for the dodgy punctuation and spelling,my phone is overheating in this hot weather.
      Hug SomersetScorpio hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorns View Post
      Hey everyone,

Thought I'd post this for support over the next few days.

I have blocked a friend with EUPD on Facebook.
      There was no arguing or anything, I just decided that I needed to block her because of her clingy behaviour towards me and I can't invest time in her attention seeking behaviour.

She texted me this morning and I blocked her number.

But now I'm thinking, is she going to text me from her boyfriends phone. Is she going to message me from one of her boyfriend's gaming accounts?
      Me and her boyfriend are friends.
      Luckily her boyfriend knows what she is like.

I also worry she is going to phone the DWP out of angry, tell them I'm faking my illness for example and get my benefits stopped.

I have all these paranoid thoughts and worries.

There was no talking, I just blocked her

I just don't want to hear from her anymore.
      I have suggested therapy to her.and for her.to see her GP. But with no success.

Hopefully nothing will come.of this and. We'll just never speak again.

Sorry for the dodgy punctuation and spelling,my phone is overheating in this hot weather.
      Hi Unicorns,

Your decision to stop contacting her isn't a problem. Dealing with mental health patients is very tough, and sometimes we need to pull out if we can't handle it. However, I don't think that simply blocking her without telling her why is the right thing to do, because she will think everything is fine and keep contacting you while you keep avoiding her? In my opinion, I think you should just tell her that you find her clinginess and attention-seeking too emotionally draining, and that you think you should stop talking/communicating. I know it's hard because there's no easy way to say it, but I think it's best that you clarified what's going on so that she knows not to contact you, rather than you having to avoid every call in case it might be her.

Much love <3

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Fine

Quote Originally Posted by R_Sxo View Post
      Hi Unicorns,

Your decision to stop contacting her isn't a problem. Dealing with mental health patients is very tough, and sometimes we need to pull out if we can't handle it. However, I don't think that simply blocking her without telling her why is the right thing to do, because she will think everything is fine and keep contacting you while you keep avoiding her? In my opinion, I think you should just tell her that you find her clinginess and attention-seeking too emotionally draining, and that you think you should stop talking/communicating. I know it's hard because there's no easy way to say it, but I think it's best that you clarified what's going on so that she knows not to contact you, rather than you having to avoid every call in case it might be her.

Much love <3
      Hey, thanks for your reply.

She can't really contact me unless it's through her boyfriend's social media.

I think it's easier in this case to just cut her off without discussing it.
      Because I don't want.to deal with the manipulation and threats of harm that will come with it. And she does harm herself to get the attention from me and her boyfriend. And I know confronting her and telling her, sorry, we've got to go out separate ways will trigger her to hurt herself. And she'll believe that no one cares about her.

I feel like, by not confronting her and just ending our contact, she can make what she wants of it, I don't have to deal with any self destructive behaviour from her.

Words hurt to someone with EUPD and it would cause too many problems.

If that makes sense.

My Mood
      Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorns View Post
      Hey, thanks for your reply.

She can't really contact me unless it's through her boyfriend's social media.

I think it's easier in this case to just cut her off without discussing it.
      Because I don't want.to deal with the manipulation and threats of harm that will come with it. And she does harm herself to get the attention from me and her boyfriend. And I know confronting her and telling her, sorry, we've got to go out separate ways will trigger her to hurt herself. And she'll believe that no one cares about her.

I feel like, by not confronting her and just ending our contact, she can make what she wants of it, I don't have to deal with any self destructive behaviour from her.

Words hurt to someone with EUPD and it would cause too many problems.

If that makes sense.
      That does make sense - she'll stop the attention-seeking behaviour (to you, anyways) if you don't give her the attention she's looking for.

However, it's also possible that leaving without saying a word could cause harm. Lack of closure can cause anxiety, and possibly symptoms of depression.

Overall, I think the fact that she uses attention-seeking behaviour probably means that you're right - cut off the attention supply without saying a word. Hopefully, you don't run into her in person, because that would be awkward to say the least, but you never know.

Much love <3

My Mood
      Lonely

Sounds a little harsh to me... blocking somebody's fb and texts without giving them a reason? Those with EUPD can no more help being a little attention seeking on occasion than a psychotic can help hearing the odd voice. PERHAPS if you had just explained the reasons to her she might have been able to recognise and do something about it?

Peace