Thread: I need help! I need someone.

Default I need help! I need someone.

I'm so alone. I've self harmed twice the last week and before that it had been 5 months. I was doing so well and then all of a sudden I've gone back to how I used to be. I hear 3 different voices in my head and they're constantly telling me that I'm worthless and that I should kill myself. Due to past events I don't speak to any of my family anymore and I couldn't feel more far away from my fiancÚ. He tells me that he's here for me but when ever I tell him that I need his support he doesn't care. However one of his mates is also going through a hard time with depression and whenever he needs him, he's always there for him. I feel so lost and alone and so empty. I'm currently through the process of seeking help but I can feel myself on the edge of losing it and I'm so scared that I'm going to try kill myself like I used too. I self harm to stop the mental pain, because the physical pain is no where near as painful. I need help. I need someone to talk too. I need advice. Please can someone help me.
      Last edited by Mayfair; 18-06-17 at 02:10. Reason: slight edit for guidelines
      Hug Mayflower7, Rick(amateur), Zardos, Poir0t, Coast2, Mary A hugged this poster.

Welcome to the forums You

Feeling alone is certainly common regardless of who is around. It's not the end though.

I'm not much for advice, but I don't think the voices are right because it's highly unlikely that you a worthless person.

Take care tonight

M
      The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine -

Abraham Lincoln
      Likes Coast2 liked this post.

My Mood
      Tired

Hi you me and music,
      Welcome to the forum, have you tried any therapy? Please don't end it, you can get better.
      Many people stop self-harming, do you have any hobbies?
      Your not worthless, have you tried any meds for the voices?
      Hopefully you can contact your family again when your feeling better.
      Well done for contacting the forum.
      Take care honey,

My Mood
      Chatty

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I know the experience of being told worthless, whether by myself or other people. I've even had complete strangers telling me to kill myself. Know that you aren't alone in this. Our lives will have these difficult moments that are meant to test us and make us better. You won't treasure the good times if you've never experiences the lows of life.

This forum is a great place to find people to talk with since we share something in common. Just post and you will find people responding. All of us, at one point in our lives, sought for help as we felt lonely and struggle to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I honestly believe some of the light can be found here, though finding it might take some time.

I hope you enjoy your stay here! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.
      Likes sunset547544 liked this post.

My Mood
      Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndMusic View Post
      I'm so alone. I've self harmed twice the last week and before that it had been 5 months. I was doing so well and then all of a sudden I've gone back to how I used to be. I hear 3 different voices in my head and they're constantly telling me that I'm worthless and that I should kill myself. Due to past events I don't speak to any of my family anymore and I couldn't feel more far away from my fiancÚ. He tells me that he's here for me but when ever I tell him that I need his support he doesn't care. However one of his mates is also going through a hard time with depression and whenever he needs him, he's always there for him. I feel so lost and alone and so empty. I'm currently through the process of seeking help but I can feel myself on the edge of losing it and I'm so scared that I'm going to try kill myself like I used too. I self harm to stop the mental pain, because the physical pain is no where near as painful. I need help. I need someone to talk too. I need advice. Please can someone help me.
      Welcome YouMeAndMusic!

Are you currently receiving any medication or professional help (counselling,CBT etc)? If not, I would go to the GP, who can assess you or refer you to a psychiatrist who will do so.

Don't listen to those voices in your head. They will say all sorts of things but they aren't helpful in any way. Fight against those voices, and win - each time you ignore them or refuse their orders, you've won a small battle. It's a struggle, but it's a cause worth fighting for

Much love <3

Thank you so much everyone! It's lovely to hear all your kind words!
      Thanks Mayflower7 gave thanks for this post.
      Hug R_Sxo, Mayflower7, Mary A hugged this poster.

Cheer up !.. Theres always the Mutara Nebula at one five three mark four

Welcome to he forums.
      Hope things get better for you...

to the forum. How are you doing today?

Welcome to the forum and so glad to see you responding to the post. Do continue to write or download here if you need to. We are here to journey with each other and carry one another's burden. You mentioned you are not talking to your family anymore, how about friends? Do you have any friend, other than your fiance whom you can share your feelings from time to time?

Worth considering going to a counsellor or therapist to find healing from past events. Hope you will think about it. Take care and be well. God Bless!