Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Results 61 to 70 of 78

    Thread: Found a lump

    1. #61
      Senior Member mami5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      North West Wales
      Posts
      8,693
      My Mood
      Crappy

      Default

      Thank you blacksmoke

      Saw my GP this morning, she's given me some Diazepam to help me sleep. She also answered some of my questions, she's nice.

      Spoke to my CPN too. I've arranged to see her on Friday in the hope she can help me get through the weekend, and then on the Wednesday after being to the clinic so I can talk things through and make sense of everything.

      Can't begin to describe how scared and anxious I feel and it is getting worse every day.
      Thanks blacksmoke, exfbu gave thanks for this post.
      Hug exfbu, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

    2. #62
      Senior Member blacksmoke's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      basketville
      Posts
      4,542
      My Mood
      Sad

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by mami5 View Post
      Thank you blacksmoke

      Saw my GP this morning, she's given me some Diazepam to help me sleep. She also answered some of my questions, she's nice.

      Spoke to my CPN too. I've arranged to see her on Friday in the hope she can help me get through the weekend, and then on the Wednesday after being to the clinic so I can talk things through and make sense of everything.

      Can't begin to describe how scared and anxious I feel and it is getting worse every day.
      glad that you are getting out there and finding help and support. oh that is brilliant in reg to having someone to chat to and who will listen and support you.

      you are in a scary situation and i aint surprised that you are fearful. but all you can do is what you are doing and btw you are doing so well to put these things into place. it doesnt take the fear away of your situation however it will go some way towards helping you, knowing that you can talk to the cpn.

      the fear thing is something that anyone in your situation would face. just take each day at a time and each appointment at a time. try not to run before you can walk 0h and dont get hooked into the, "what if this and the what if that," scenario. which is what will be running in your thinking.

      maybe have a little saying when you get into the what if's, such as, "ST0P right now." or, "dont even go there" i know it all sounds too simplistic but it is very effective. to begin with you may be having to remind yourself frequently to not continue with the what if dialogue and then pretty soon it becomes less and less.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes mami5 liked this post.
      Hug mami5 hugged this poster.

    3. #63
      Active Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Posts
      66

      Default

      Hello Mami, good that you are seeing CPN soon. Just want to say thinking of you and care .x

      Big hug and lots of love xx
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes blacksmoke, Mayflower7, mami5 liked this post.
      Hug mami5 hugged this poster.

    4. #64
      Senior Member mami5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      North West Wales
      Posts
      8,693
      My Mood
      Crappy

      Default

      Thank you blacksmoke

      It is hard to stop the what if's, whether thinking the good or the worse.

      My CPN has been very supportive as has my psychologist, even someone I've met at drop in is helping me through it. I need all the support I can get right now. But sitting here I feel so alone.
      Hug blacksmoke, exfbu hugged this poster.

    5. #65
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      England
      Posts
      2,489
      My Mood
      Tired

      Default

      Hi Mami5,
      I'm so sorry this is happening to you, glad your CPN is supporting you.
      Hope you'll be okay, your being very brave.
      Take care
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes mami5 liked this post.
      Hug mami5, exfbu hugged this poster.

    6. #66
      Senior Member mami5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      North West Wales
      Posts
      8,693
      My Mood
      Crappy

      Default

      Thank you exfbu and Mayflower

      I don't feel very brave. I am very scared and anxious. Psychologist told me I have gone through a lot of traumas in my life and survived so I can survive this too. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to keep busy to distract myself. Evenings and nights are the worse.
      Hug Honeyflower, blacksmoke, exfbu, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

    7. #67
      Senior Member Honeyflower's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      Earth
      Posts
      804
      My Mood
      Worried

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by mami5 View Post
      Thank you exfbu and Mayflower

      I don't feel very brave. I am very scared and anxious. Psychologist told me I have gone through a lot of traumas in my life and survived so I can survive this too. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to keep busy to distract myself. Evenings and nights are the worse.
      I totally relate to this Evenings are worse for me too especially when I'm alone. I'm also trying to keep myself busy but when I sit down is when I start thinking the worse. I am here for you whenever you need.
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes exfbu, mami5 liked this post.
      Hug blacksmoke, exfbu, mami5 hugged this poster.

    8. #68
      Senior Member mami5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      North West Wales
      Posts
      8,693
      My Mood
      Crappy

      Default

      Thank you so much Honeyflower and everyone else, you have all been so kind and supportive. I really appreciate it

      My scan appointment came this morning, it is next Thursday morning. This will be my third test for cancer since finding the lump. Yesterday my blood test for ovarian cancer came back negative. I am now thinking that the doc knows what my lump is and has referred me to clinic for confirmation. All these other tests are to find out if it has spread.
      Hug exfbu, blacksmoke, Honeyflower, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

    9. #69
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      1,782

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by mami5 View Post
      Thank you so much Honeyflower and everyone else, you have all been so kind and supportive. I really appreciate it

      My scan appointment came this morning, it is next Thursday morning. This will be my third test for cancer since finding the lump. Yesterday my blood test for ovarian cancer came back negative. I am now thinking that the doc knows what my lump is and has referred me to clinic for confirmation. All these other tests are to find out if it has spread.
      Hi Mami. Sorry you are going through such a rough time! Just wanted to say I've been through this and come out the other side. Waiting is the hardest. Also wanted to say that the way the process/ system works is that they do the cheaper tests first. So, a blood test is cheaper than a scan for example so will always be done first. It absolutely doesn't mean that the doctor knows what is wrong, actually the opposite is probably true. So, just wanted to say hang in there and try not to over analyse why things are being done the way they are. Easier said than done I know. Take care!
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes exfbu, mami5, blacksmoke, Mayflower7 liked this post.
      Hug mami5 hugged this poster.

    10. #70
      Active Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Posts
      66

      Default

      Hello Mami,

      Relieved for you about the blood test.

      I agree with Waverunner... they do the cheaper tests first.

      It is a nightmare all this waiting though.
      And I know that it does not make life any easier with the scan still hovering on the horizon and then waiting for the results again after that. love to you.

      Warmest thoughts cariad
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes mami5 liked this post.
      Hug mami5 hugged this poster.

    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. I am a lump and today has just been difficult
      By speckles in forum Eating Disorders Forum
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 30-05-13, 23:41
    2. i thought i could feel a lump
      By Fairy Lucretia in forum Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 08-05-13, 18:14
    3. lump in throat
      By loulabelle in forum Anxiety Forum
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 26-03-13, 00:11
    4. Lump in throat
      By Sweetie in forum Social Anxiety Forum
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-10-11, 14:15

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •