Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Found a lump

My Mood
      Crappy

Thank you blacksmoke

Saw my GP this morning, she's given me some Diazepam to help me sleep. She also answered some of my questions, she's nice.

Spoke to my CPN too. I've arranged to see her on Friday in the hope she can help me get through the weekend, and then on the Wednesday after being to the clinic so I can talk things through and make sense of everything.

Can't begin to describe how scared and anxious I feel and it is getting worse every day.
      Thanks blacksmoke, exfbu gave thanks for this post.
      Hug exfbu, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Sad

Quote Originally Posted by mami5 View Post
      Thank you blacksmoke

Saw my GP this morning, she's given me some Diazepam to help me sleep. She also answered some of my questions, she's nice.

Spoke to my CPN too. I've arranged to see her on Friday in the hope she can help me get through the weekend, and then on the Wednesday after being to the clinic so I can talk things through and make sense of everything.

Can't begin to describe how scared and anxious I feel and it is getting worse every day.
      glad that you are getting out there and finding help and support. oh that is brilliant in reg to having someone to chat to and who will listen and support you.

you are in a scary situation and i aint surprised that you are fearful. but all you can do is what you are doing and btw you are doing so well to put these things into place. it doesnt take the fear away of your situation however it will go some way towards helping you, knowing that you can talk to the cpn.

the fear thing is something that anyone in your situation would face. just take each day at a time and each appointment at a time. try not to run before you can walk 0h and dont get hooked into the, "what if this and the what if that," scenario. which is what will be running in your thinking.

maybe have a little saying when you get into the what if's, such as, "ST0P right now." or, "dont even go there" i know it all sounds too simplistic but it is very effective. to begin with you may be having to remind yourself frequently to not continue with the what if dialogue and then pretty soon it becomes less and less.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..
      Thanks mami5 gave thanks for this post.
      Likes mami5 liked this post.
      Hug mami5 hugged this poster.

Hello Mami, good that you are seeing CPN soon. Just want to say thinking of you and care .x

Big hug and lots of love xx
      Likes blacksmoke, Mayflower7, mami5 liked this post.

My Mood
      Crappy

Thank you blacksmoke

It is hard to stop the what if's, whether thinking the good or the worse.

My CPN has been very supportive as has my psychologist, even someone I've met at drop in is helping me through it. I need all the support I can get right now. But sitting here I feel so alone.
      Hug blacksmoke, exfbu hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Tired

Hi Mami5,
      I'm so sorry this is happening to you, glad your CPN is supporting you.
      Hope you'll be okay, your being very brave.
      Take care
      Hug mami5, exfbu hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Crappy

Thank you exfbu and Mayflower

I don't feel very brave. I am very scared and anxious. Psychologist told me I have gone through a lot of traumas in my life and survived so I can survive this too. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to keep busy to distract myself. Evenings and nights are the worse.
      Hug Honeyflower, blacksmoke, exfbu, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Worried

Thank you exfbu and Mayflower

I don't feel very brave. I am very scared and anxious. Psychologist told me I have gone through a lot of traumas in my life and survived so I can survive this too. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to keep busy to distract myself. Evenings and nights are the worse.
      I totally relate to this Evenings are worse for me too especially when I'm alone. I'm also trying to keep myself busy but when I sit down is when I start thinking the worse. I am here for you whenever you need.
      Likes exfbu, mami5 liked this post.
      Hug blacksmoke, exfbu, mami5 hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Crappy

Thank you so much Honeyflower and everyone else, you have all been so kind and supportive. I really appreciate it

My scan appointment came this morning, it is next Thursday morning. This will be my third test for cancer since finding the lump. Yesterday my blood test for ovarian cancer came back negative. I am now thinking that the doc knows what my lump is and has referred me to clinic for confirmation. All these other tests are to find out if it has spread.
      Hug exfbu, blacksmoke, Honeyflower, Mayflower7 hugged this poster.

Thank you so much Honeyflower and everyone else, you have all been so kind and supportive. I really appreciate it

My scan appointment came this morning, it is next Thursday morning. This will be my third test for cancer since finding the lump. Yesterday my blood test for ovarian cancer came back negative. I am now thinking that the doc knows what my lump is and has referred me to clinic for confirmation. All these other tests are to find out if it has spread.
      Hi Mami. Sorry you are going through such a rough time! Just wanted to say I've been through this and come out the other side. Waiting is the hardest. Also wanted to say that the way the process/ system works is that they do the cheaper tests first. So, a blood test is cheaper than a scan for example so will always be done first. It absolutely doesn't mean that the doctor knows what is wrong, actually the opposite is probably true. So, just wanted to say hang in there and try not to over analyse why things are being done the way they are. Easier said than done I know. Take care!
      Likes exfbu, mami5, blacksmoke, Mayflower7 liked this post.

Hello Mami,

Relieved for you about the blood test.

I agree with Waverunner... they do the cheaper tests first.

It is a nightmare all this waiting though.
      And I know that it does not make life any easier with the scan still hovering on the horizon and then waiting for the results again after that. love to you.

Warmest thoughts cariad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast