Thread: I'm so scared, people are telling me that I'm hearing voices...

My Mood
      Scared

Default I'm so scared, people are telling me that I'm hearing voices...

About 3 weeks now I'm hearing voices.... I thought it was my neighbours (that's what they tell me) and I am so scared... I am worried that my neighbour is a mind reader or psychic attacker.

She gives me a running commentary on what I'm doing, argues back with me, and what's scary the most is that she repeats my thoughts out loud.... I know this sounds like textbook psychosis, but either way it is ruining my life and needs to stop( she is reading this now). She is really rude, says that I'm listening to her, falsely accuses me of things ( some really awful so I wont repeat) but she wants to control me

she is always speaking in 2nd or 3rd person, constantly asks who people are that I know, claiming that i'm obsessed with someone, telling me true and unture things about my recent past....

I really need some help because im so scared... just spent 2 weeks in hosp over this on aripiprazole but I'm not sure its working fully yet... if this is some kind of psychic attack what can I do to get rid of it ?
      Hug Harriets hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Happy

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum!

I get voices, though I've never had my neighbours voices. I don't want to tell you exactly what your voices are because in reality I don't really know. But I'd say that it's best for you right now to adopt that concept that these voices are some misbehaving aspect of self, a character created by your own mind and something that is likely to want to do you ill. Again, I'm not trying to tell you what is going on really just suggesting a good mindset to hold onto.

In my experience, if you can, it's best not to engage with your voices, in my experience engaging with the voices tends to allow their "drama" to move on, to get more deeply embedded into your psyche and so become stronger or cause the experiences you are having to develop into other potentially worse things.

Meds can take a while to work and also some might not work for you, ask your doctor for advice, if after a month or so the voices do not seem to be diminishing then I'd definitely suggest trying something else.
      Thanks Harriets gave thanks for this post.
      Likes kingYee liked this post.

I never called it that either voices. If something is messing up your vestibular you may experience dizzyness. try thinking of a bird going around your head or imagining something spinning on the floor and then slow it down until your head stops. Also if you want to disguise yourself from voices try whispering your thoughts in your head, after a while you'll lose track of each other. as for your neighbors don't sit where you can see there house out the window, move your chair. hope that helps
      Last edited by Mr.NiceGuy; 19-05-17 at 22:09.

My Mood
      Fine

You might be lucky and it will end soon. It may only last a matter of months.

That's right Burt builds up over months till you get bad sleep for a while then bam.

My Mood
      Cheerful

That's exactly how it started for me, hearing the neighbours through the walls and ceiling of my flat at the time. Wishing you all the best AnnaSkye.
      People are worried and unhappy in direct proportion to the lack of love in their lives.
      - Osho

My Mood
      Scared

Thankyou I hope so !