View Poll Results: As your voice hearing ever been used against you by cowardly bullies?

Voters
    6. You may not vote on this poll
    • No

3 50.00%
    • Yes - and the bullies the got away with it

3 50.00%
    • Yes - and the bullies were found out

0 0%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice Hearers Can Be Bullied

Senior Member Per Ardua Ad Astra's Avatar
      My Mood
      Chatty

Default Voice Hearers Can Be Bullied

I wonder, do people who hear voices ever get bullied as a result?

I have caught sight of people at bus stops (classic), and walking though town, quite happily (and often unhappily), chatting away to themselves. They are of cos, in many cases, hearing voices and responding to and engaging with them. But to the untrained observer, they are seen as simply 'mad', and to be avoided - or ripe for having the piss taken out of them. Yano the sort of thing - 'fucking mong', 'retard' etc etc.

However, voice hearers can be bullied by unkind (and criminal) people, in other ways too. Especially if they know you are a voice hearer, or have a history. So it pays not to be too open, cos a perceived weakness, it can be used against you.

Examples?

Well, someone insults you. They may have back up from other people, their mates or whatever. Then when you challenge them, they claim they never said it. It's all in your head yeah. You must be 'hearing voices' lol.

Another. People say nasty and frightening things about you. It could be your neighbours who have it in for you. Maybe they are jealous of your benefits. Maybe they are just shitty and cowardly and criminal people.

If you threaten to complain about it, the cut of their jib is: deny everything, he or she is mentally ill....

I was once told to my face by someone who assaulted me, and had me over for a lot of money, 'Who's going to believe you - you're a fucked in the head person'.....

Well it doesn't always work that way - either for voice hearers, or people who would seek to bully and abuse them.

Beware bullies - in more way then one

Have any voice hearers been bullied in this way.

Please vote in the poll, and have your say if you like.

And don't be afraid to take bullies to task. They are cowards, clever sometimes with it, but cowards none the less. It only goes their way until it doesn't. And when it doesn't and they caught out, see how they crumble. Crumbling, of cos, is the hallmark of the bully
      Last edited by Per Ardua Ad Astra; 20-04-17 at 08:29.
      Tea Therapy

My Mood
      Innocent

Well, i guess things that others don't understand will get you bullied. I think hearing voices is really a defect, I'd say on average it has a negative effect. They know nothing you don't, they are pieces of your mind. I don't think there's a reason to embrace it or to throw it away. If you accept that it's a part of you, then you can deal with it. Sometimes they'll give creative ideas or suggestions, sometimes they'll drive you mad. Never forget what they are. Probably best not to tell people you have it, even those you trust (as your relationship might weaken over time) if you really wanna prevent getting bullied for it.
      Maybe you can present it as something other than "hearing voices". Say that your alter ego sometimes gives you nice ideas,or that sometimes you "just get cool ideas". When it's rather negative, say that it has to do with a rough past or something.
      Never talk out loud if you do feel the need to talk to them. They can hear your thoughts, so no reason to speak. And maybe you can slowly think of them as part of you, and not some separate thing. You can try going to a doctor for some quick advice, otherwise i recommend not letting it be too important in your life.
      They are just a part of you. Parts, not wholes, not separate things. Different ideas of yourself.
      Good luck with that
      Likes Per Ardua Ad Astra liked this post.

Founding Member

i don't think i hear voices but as a schitzo people have made out i was hearing voices, and used the idea against me saying things i've heard are unreal

It is a bit confusing i said to that last psychiatrist i experience people talking about me in public places isn't that hearing voices and paranoia, she said if you make yourself noticed you will be discussed

i've had the idea i''m not hearing voices used against me as a way of closing my case
      Thanks Per Ardua Ad Astra gave thanks for this post.
      Hug Per Ardua Ad Astra hugged this poster.

Yes, the hospital staff claimed that no one was saying anything about me, and that I was delusional, but I heard a nurse talking to patients about it in the corridor one day, so the staff were actively spreading it around, and I still heard it when I was well as an in patient, so I wasn't delusional at all.

Bullying nurses.. imagine that.

Founding Member

people do gossip but if you accuse health staff of gossiping they say your hearing voices

was in my gps surgery the receptionists were talking about how some guy was coming to register from the haven and they had to be prepared, apparently someone from there had attacked irene the major domo receptionist his name was

the guys a boy friend of the women upstairs, he'd been talking about how he'd been made homeless, he'd been staying with some guy who'd gone into hospital, he was saying how was i to know he was going into hospital i'm not a mind reader

apparently the guys got a big prick and he makes her laugh

Founding Member

when i was been harrasssed and my illlness was been exacerbated i'd turn up at enfield mind, these mind women workers found it ok to make comments about whether i was going to attack them, if i'd complained to central mind they'd have said i was hearing voices
      Hug N/A, Per Ardua Ad Astra hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Cheerful

Bullying nurses indeed. They are horrid to me. How would they prove that a person hears voices anyway? That is what I am interested in.
      Hug burt tomato, Per Ardua Ad Astra, N/A hugged this poster.

Founding Member

the psychiatrist said he is pretty vague about whether he hears voices but i think he still does

i think she said that so i couldn't make her reopen the case by telling the gp i was hearing voices

god knows though it would probably be obvious voice hearing if i came off meds

Senior Member Per Ardua Ad Astra's Avatar
      My Mood
      Chatty

Thanks for replying, guys

Of cos voice hearers get bullied. Along with a lot of other 'fucked in the head' people, who have varying types and degrees of emotional and mental issues, we are ripe for having the piss ripped out of us.

It's as much a problem to do with an environment and community, that is toxic socially, economically and politically. Unfortunate people out there, many of them unemployed, skint, drug users, in and out if jail - all need to get by, and get some cheer into their drab lives.

We are targeted for our resources - benefit cash - and cos it can be a right laugh to some of them to watch a 'fucking mong' get het up, stressed, and sometimes not believed about their experiences of being financially and emotionally ripped.
      Tea Therapy
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

Founding Member

what do druggies etc call it grafting
      Likes Per Ardua Ad Astra liked this post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast