Thread: Hello to all

Default Hello to all

Hello to all,

I am writing regarding my own journey.... I was a daily visitor here about 4-5 y ago.... I was struggling a lot, lost in confusion and illusion of my eating disorder, accompanied with a lot of health problems. Somehow I managed to get out, I, myself managed to ignore the voices, with God's great will. Little did I know that it will bring me to where I am now. I discovered a lot of things that are resonating with me and that it is not/ was not only the eating disorder problem- greeeeat anxiety, worry, panic attacks- in one word- STRUGGLING WITH MY MIND, or as I know now- MY EGO. That ego deceived me into believing I was my eating disorder, making me feel extremely guilty, worthless and like a piece of s**t. NEED FOR CONTROL AND SATISFYING THE HUNGRY GHOST IN AN ENDLESS CYCLE! It was my reality back then. I continued on struggling with my mind and I still do but it is much better- I see the light and freedom- I am realizing who I am- and who everyone is behind the neurotic mind- divine beings. It is a long healing journey and meditation and teaching is the gateway... So guys this, your struggle is your wake up call- not to a religion, not to a system, rather freedom from your mind! That is the truth- despair is the prerequizite for the next level of consciousness. I am speaking this from my heart, I am not offering any of my own "program" or something, I just share. THE TURTH. Here is a saying from Eckhart Tolle- a spiritual teacher.

Eckhart Tolle writes in A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose,
      “In some cases the psychological need for more or the feeling of not enough that is so characteristic of the ego becomes transferred to the physical level and so turns into insatiable hunger. The sufferers of bulimia will often make themselves vomit so they can continue eating. Their mind is hungry, not their body. This eating disorder would become healed if the sufferers, instead of being identified with their mind, could get in touch with their body and so feel the true needs of the body rather than the pseudo needs of the egoic mind.”
      He continues and talks about our struggles with body image thus
      “she ‘sees’ is the mental concept of her body, which says ‘I am fat’ or ‘I will become fat.’ At the root of this condition lies identification with the mind. As people have become more and more mind-identified which is the intensification of egoic dysfunction, there has also been a dramatic increase in the incidence of anorexia in recent decades. If the sufferer could look at her body without the interfering judgments of her mind or even recognize those judgments for what they are instead of believing in them--or better still, if she could feel her body from within—this would initiate her healing."

I hope you really hear what I am saying
      Love <3
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.
      Likes N/A liked this post.
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

ninnie

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyheart View Post
      Hello to all,

I am writing regarding my own journey.... I was a daily visitor here about 4-5 y ago.... I was struggling a lot, lost in confusion and illusion of my eating disorder, accompanied with a lot of health problems. Somehow I managed to get out, I, myself managed to ignore the voices, with God's great will. Little did I know that it will bring me to where I am now. I discovered a lot of things that are resonating with me and that it is not/ was not only the eating disorder problem- greeeeat anxiety, worry, panic attacks- in one word- STRUGGLING WITH MY MIND, or as I know now- MY EGO. That ego deceived me into believing I was my eating disorder, making me feel extremely guilty, worthless and like a piece of s**t. NEED FOR CONTROL AND SATISFYING THE HUNGRY GHOST IN AN ENDLESS CYCLE! It was my reality back then. I continued on struggling with my mind and I still do but it is much better- I see the light and freedom- I am realizing who I am- and who everyone is behind the neurotic mind- divine beings. It is a long healing journey and meditation and teaching is the gateway... So guys this, your struggle is your wake up call- not to a religion, not to a system, rather freedom from your mind! That is the truth- despair is the prerequizite for the next level of consciousness. I am speaking this from my heart, I am not offering any of my own "program" or something, I just share. THE TURTH. Here is a saying from Eckhart Tolle- a spiritual teacher.

“In some cases the psychological need for more or the feeling of not enough that is so characteristic of the ego becomes transferred to the physical level and so turns into insatiable hunger. The sufferers of bulimia will often make themselves vomit so they can continue eating. Their mind is hungry, not their body. This eating disorder would become healed if the sufferers, instead of being identified with their mind, could get in touch with their body and so feel the true needs of the body rather than the pseudo needs of the egoic mind.”
      “she ‘sees’ is the mental concept of her body, which says ‘I am fat’ or ‘I will become fat.’ At the root of this condition lies identification with the mind. As people have become more and more mind-identified which is the intensification of egoic dysfunction, there has also been a dramatic increase in the incidence of anorexia in recent decades. If the sufferer could look at her body without the interfering judgments of her mind or even recognize those judgments for what they are instead of believing in them--or better still, if she could feel her body from within—this would initiate her healing."

Love <3
      Wow, there is great insight here. Thank you!
      Likes lovelyheart liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyheart View Post
      Hello to all,

Love <3
      how did you overcome eating disorder?
      because i also have eating disorder due to which i have huge weight and hypertension. i am taking 2 medicines to control my blood pressure. but i cannot keep myself from eating alot so if you could share this particular aspect of your life, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by westponka View Post
      how did you overcome eating disorder?
      because i also have eating disorder due to which i have huge weight and hypertension. i am taking 2 medicines to control my blood pressure. but i cannot keep myself from eating alot so if you could share this particular aspect of your life, that would be great.
      Hello, thank you for your reply. This is not and has not been an aspect of my life. My whole life and mind changed. The eating disorder was just a pattern inside my head that was obsessing my mind completely because I was feeding it all the time, unconsciously.

Food and nutrition is a way of receiving love and nourishment. Food is a relationship you are having with yourself. It is all you. The root for the eating disorders is much much deeper then the superficial level of how much you want or don't want to eat. Starvation= you reject love, you don't want to be loved; Binging= you need love desperately. But food will not give you that love; only you and no external thing or person outside of you will give you that love, self love, self acceptance of all that exists inside you.
      Eating disorders are like someone is possessing you. I KNOW THAT VERY WELL DAMN! I was completely possessed by it and it was hell. And it is- that is, your mind is possessing you ( I am speaking in general). Why? Because you don't know your mind, your true self and true worth. And you have an infinite worth. I am not just saying words in vain; it is true. EVERYONE is a unique manifestation of the ONE, of the DIVINE, with own talents, gifts and purpose. No one knows their true worth because of external programming. We live in a world where you are bombarded with addictive food, tons of sugar, calories and on the other hand is the hollywood pressure for perfect looking and acting, them being the superior which immediately puts you into being inferior and not enough worthy, striving for that perfection or that you are not worthy of ever getting there. You ( again I am speaking in general) see the completely contradictory illusions you are fed with through media and society?? Of course you are gonna end up crazy and in confusion and with tons of mental and bodily problems, lacking any spiritual connection with your true self, being entertained and constantly kept in that never ending illusion. And I am not blaming or judging anyone that is trapped in it, as I know very well damn how it all is when you are so caught in that illusionary game, you are not guilty of anything you are not conscious of.

Since young age we are not taught to cope with emotions, we are taught to suppress them, shut them down, numb ourselves, don't speak our truths- why? Because (your country and global) society places a frame of what is normal and what is not resulting in shutting down our unique expression and emotions. That results in developing these eating disorders which is only a part of the whole picture. It is a way to cope with our emotions and feelings.

As for the hypertension extra weight contributes to it, but it is also psychosomatic and that is not to say that people with psychosomatic problems( all diseases are soul cries and are psychosomatic; it all starts in the spiritual dimension) are crazy and want that to exist; but rather your mind is a very powerful tool and you are simply not conscious of how it works. From Dr. John Sarno's book " The divided mind" about hypertension "It is not the emotional distress that we feel, but those emotions we have repressed and are unaware of, that leads to hypertension."

In my experience yes I no longer struggle with an eating disorder; it has taken me years of work on my self mental, spiritual and physical work and it is a never ending work. I have been seeing and enlightening patterns inside me that exist and I no longer want to feed and suffer and put myself in madness- this including the eating disorder. There are still traces of it, but it does not possess me, I don't live to eat or obsess my mind with food all the time. I love food now, I appreciate it and am grateful for having it <3 I cook and prepare healthy meals, pour beautiful words in it cause food too is energy and alive- it is energy that feeds and nourishes you. On a much larger picture you can see how crazy it is to abuse the food through overindulgence or rejection of it, because it is something that gives you LIFE- my grandma told me in her childhood they were praying to God to not rain to not destroy their crops because they would not have food to eat on their table and therefore would not survive- do you see how ungrateful we are these days? We have everything in excess and are still not satisfied. It is the hungry ego ghost that never ever is satisfied with anything external. That is not to blame ourselves about it, for what we are not conscious of.

It really is all a result of a relationship I had changed with my own self, cultivating self love and self acceptance and this is only a beginning....I have a long way to go, it do is about the journey <33
      Hug unspoken-words hugged this poster.