Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Voice of God verses voice of schizophrenia

My Mood
      Breezy

Shameless plug.....

My Mood
      Happy

Hey twokiwisandabanana...just gotta say I love your user name..made me laugh and laughing is always a good thing. Just gotta ask...what plug are you talking about? My book? Did you read it yet? You should

My Mood
      Breezy

Oh sorry I thought you were trying to help someone.

My Mood
      Happy

Oh sorry you must be someone who does not want help...my mistake

My Mood
      Breezy

Who are you?

My Mood
      Happy

Just a person sharing the truth of something that happened to me hoping it may help others.

I just want to say that I am shocked by how many people can't imagine a God that wishes harm on at least some people. Maybe it's just because I'm a schizophrenic and I imagine telepathically talking to spirits in the spirit world who were members of many different religions and all these voices in my head seem to think that I have sinned in a past life so I must be tortured by them. When I get a headache, I can see thoughts that look like fireballs flow into my head. I see planes of energy touch my head right before I get the kind of panic attack where my heart starts racing. And I always hear the voices. They claim they're doing these tortures. I know I can't convince anybody with a pithy reply in this thread, but these voices have solid reasoning. They have convinced me that I've definitely had past lives. And God has commanded to torture me because I sinned in past lives. Anyway, I'm just surprised that most of you can't imagine a God that exacts torture on those who might deserve it.
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Happy

Hi Sikatriz,

I whole heartedly, respectfully disagree with your views regarding a God who would inflict punishment. We really should stop blaming others, including God, for the choices we make. We are here to live a life, learn who we are, and to grow spiritually in a positive way. In my opinion, God does not punish us...God (in my opinion) is pure, unconditional love and punishment is not conducive of this love. We are here with free will. We are the ones who make the choices in our lives and in turn we are the ones who pay the consequence for the choice. The consequence is either good or bad depending on that choice. The voices do not have solid reasoning. There only reason is to destroy your life. Do not listen to them. You, my friend, do not deserve punishment! God loves you unconditionally at all times and would never want you to suffer any punishment. This is not what God is. We have been so conditioned by "religions" that we tend to believe what we hear, read about, or have been taught. Take a long, hard, deep look into your heart...question God about it while you're there, listen close, and you will hear the real truth from him...and no one else. You probably have had many past lives as I believe we come back here many times so we can evolve spiritually, not so we can be punished. Please try not to believe what the voices tell you...believe in what your heart tells you...it will always be positive and if it's not, it is not coming from your heart...it is coming from your mind. I wish you peace and for you to know the truth of your situation. Peace, my friend.

Thank you Kelly2017 for your rebuttal. Let me defend my original thesis. First of all, here's what my voices taught me and what I whole heartedly believe: Most people are on their first life. The Christian/Jewish/Muslim God a.k.a. Abrahamic God (Jehovah, Heavenly Father, Elohim) hates reincarnation. This God wants us to only live one life. If you lived past lives before the time of Jesus, the Hindu and Buddhist gods have power over you. But if you convert to Christianity, God will adopt you into a cycle of rebirth similar to the Hindu and Buddhist cycles. God won't let you go to heaven with the people who lived their first and only life free of sin. And if you are a child of God, lived only one life, but lived it in sin, you have the option to go to hell or to enter into a Christian cycle of rebirth. Or I suppose you can convert to Hindu and let Krishna govern your cycle of rebirths or you can convert to Buddhism and try to achieve Nirvana. But once you've entered a cycle of rebirths it's almost impossible to escape. And just like God would've had you suffer in hell, he will exact torture on you until you've suffered for every sin you've ever committed. Then you're free to be reincarnated as people who live relatively easy lives. But only after you've been tortured. I agree with you that the purpose of life is grow spiritually in a positive way. I'm growing by suffering for my sins so I can get to my good lives. The voices are not destroying my life. They are teaching me eternal truths that I can't escape just by hiding behind a religion that only preaches God's love. The Old Testament speaks of an angry, jealous God who makes even his own people suffer for their sins. Yes God loves us. That is why he allows us sinners to keep being reincarnated, suffer for our sins, and eventually enjoy luxurious lives. It offends God to deny that we deserve torture if we are receiving it. It shows a lack of faith. It's like saying, "I don't believe that you, God, are powerful enough to reincarnate me after this life as someone with a better life." God gets jealous when Hindus faithfully submit to their caste system and Buddhists faithfully submit to their karma system. But when the Christian God demands justice for sin we tell him, "No, you can't do what the Hindu and Buddhist gods do." It's really quite offensive. But I believe that you are on your first life so it's in your best interest to focus on God's love. Remember, you can always repent of your sins. You don't have to be me in your next life. I hope you don't. But these are the truths that both my heart and my mind confirm. I have an unshakeable faith in Gods mercy in the life to come. This is my religion. And ultimately, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree. But I'll let you get the last word. Feel free to respond.

My Mood
      Doh

Sikatriz, I have to say I disagree with all that. First of all the existence of a vengeful god - almost everything you read in the bible is suspect, the authors did not know what a psychosis was and so could not clearly distinguish the religious experience from a psychotic one. Second the ideas of heaven and hell - these are man-made, the only real heaven and hell are the ones our minds construct for us, during this life and afterwards. The afterlife is not so different from a dream, both are things made by our minds.

You seem to feel that God is punishing you for your sins. In my opinion that's a delusion, there are influences that your voices represent, but it is not God. It is a dangerous thing to wholeheartedly believe what the voices tell you, and it's even more unkind to inflict this vision on others. I think Kelly2017 has a pretty decent grasp of the situation.
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast