Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Voice of God verses voice of schizophrenia

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Mellow

I also have a still quiet voice that hives me good advice and leads me to do things I need to do, which I otherwise might not have done if I had not been guided to.

I have confusion over whether I am ill or not. It is something I have been confused about for a long time.

A prophet is never received In his own country.
      Likes Immortality liked this post.
      Hug N/A hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Happy

You shouldn't give the voices any power over you - so very, very true and perfectly said backagain2! Great advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again Immortality

Please don't say there is nothing you can do about it. There is ALWAYS something you can do. You can try not to listen to that voice. You can try to find yourself again...the self before your life was so rudely interrupted by that fruitless voice. You can ask the god deep within for help in getting back to you. It truly can be done if you work hard at it...I know this because I have done it. Give it a try...can do no harm to try
      Thanks N/A gave thanks for this post.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

backagain2

That voice is like your inner motivator.
      I think their is a purpose to every one of the voices but it can get so confusing.
      At least that one isn't hurting, its just helpful.
      Likes Tonic liked this post.

Hi Tonic I havent recieved any encouragement before about my experience (apart from my psychiatrist) thanks.
      Hug Tonic hugged this poster.

Thanks Kelly2017.

Yes it has kept me sane.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

Hi Kelly2017. It is 24/7 so I'm priviledged well thats how I see it.

My Mood
      Happy

I understand your views and feelings on your situation, but...I would really love to see you being privileged in not so harsh of a way...because you deserve it. I will keep you in my prayers as I pray for each and everyone of us every day. All the best to you Immortality
      Likes Tonic, N/A liked this post.

Hi Kelly2017, I hope I didn't offend you by calling psychosis an illness, but it actually helps me to see it that way, in me anyway. I do think that God is trying to tell me something, I just don't know what. A few times my psychosis came on within a few days of me saying prayers, so I can't even say prayers any more because it turns me psychotic.

In the beginning, I heard voices which I interpreted as meaning I had to make friends with my brother, so I did and the voices went away. Same thing happened all over again, I fell out with my brother, I heard them, I made friends again, the voices went away.

But these days they just keep trying to make me give all my money away, and just now while I'm typing this, they're twitching me on the left, which is them saying "No". So all night they've been telling me to give money away, and now they're saying either "No we didn't do that" or "No, you don't have to give all your money away", both of which are the exact opposite of what they've been telling me all night.

I went vegan because they told me to and now they are telling me I am only allowed to eat raw food, and I have to give up my car and my mobile phone. They are not allowing me to have those. They tell me I'm going to hell if I don't do what they say, but the rest of the world isn't even vegetarian, let alone vegan, so why aren't all those people going to hell and yet I am? They don't sit around telling me that everyone else is going to hell, they just tell me that I am. Why aren't they telling me that all the meat-eaters are going to hell?

I'm not allowed to take antipsychotics, or any tablets at all, because I'm not allowed to use anything that's been tested on animals. They keep trying to make me give money away, and once they told me to give money to Diabetes UK, which tests on animals. Why do they make me be vegan, and tell me I can't take a single tablet which has been tested on animals, and yet they try to make me give money to a company that tests on animals? They told me I was going to hell because I took a painkiller a couple of weeks ago.

I just get endlessly confused by my psychosis and my voices and I actually find it a great comfort to tell myself I'm ill, because otherwise I sit and believe that I'm going to hell for not living on raw food.

My Mood
      Happy

Hi Troubled,
      Just have to say I am not offended by you calling the psychosis an illness...it really just makes me sad to see people thinking they're sick when they're really not and now that you've read my book, you may understand why

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast