Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Depressed

My Mood
      Tired

Default Very Depressed

Not much to say about it. Low is low is low is low. Very low. So tired but I can't sleep straight through the night. I start my new uni classes at 4 this afternoon, and I'm supposed to start my practicum tomorrow, and I just don't know how I am going to get through this semester. Maybe I was hypomanic last semester. I don't know. I didn't think I was. But I crashed when the semester was over, and that was over a month ago. Climbing out of the dark hole is so hard.

Forum Safety Team Manager
      My Mood
      Cheerful

I hope your classes and practicum go okay. Maybe getting into that routine will help you and also being around the children and your classmates will be good?
      Thanks valleygirl gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Asymptote, valleygirl liked this post.

I'm not sure, but I'll assume, from the mention of hypomania, that you have BP

I am Bipolar 2 (among others), and I empathize; It's a tough roller coaster to ride.

Try not to overbook yourself, or stress too much about uni or anything, it'll only make matters worse. Of course, that's much easier said than done

Keep it together

My Mood
      Tired

Hi,
      Good luck with uni, I hope things get better for you.
      Take care

My Mood
      Sad

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
      Not much to say about it. Low is low is low is low. Very low. So tired but I can't sleep straight through the night. I start my new uni classes at 4 this afternoon, and I'm supposed to start my practicum tomorrow, and I just don't know how I am going to get through this semester. Maybe I was hypomanic last semester. I don't know. I didn't think I was. But I crashed when the semester was over, and that was over a month ago. Climbing out of the dark hole is so hard.
      is your heart in it? is this what you want to do? just some random questions. keep your life as simple as possible to reduce the stress levels.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..

Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      My Mood
      Cool

one day at a time, one foot in front of the other.

try not to think about the future if it makes you afraid or panicky.

just today. This minute.

Good luck, you sound incredibly strong imo!

My Mood
      Tired

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for. But I am also scared shitless about all the course work. Also, I have a 1/2 hour drive to my practicum site, and we are having unusually cold and snowy weather. Streets and highways are not properly cleared and sanded, so today the preschool was closed. If this weather keeps up I am going to have a hard time getting my 200 hours by the beginning of April. So yeah, I am super stressed. This is not a good way to start the semester - depressed an low motivation and anxiety. I loved my practicum last semester, and my sponsor teacher was really understanding about my MH issues. Plus she had the sweetest little dog, so I had pet therapy built into my practicum.
      Quote Originally Posted by Helena1 View Post
      I hope your classes and practicum go okay. Maybe getting into that routine will help you and also being around the children and your classmates will be good?

My Mood
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmoke View Post
      is your heart in it? is this what you want to do? just some random questions. keep your life as simple as possible to reduce the stress levels.
      Yes, this is what I want to do. I would love to own my own little home-based preschool. It's the stress of school, fear of failure, the stress of driving in winter conditions, etc.
      Hug blacksmoke hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Tired

I just feel so fragile, like a thin layer of ice that one stone would shatter.
      Hug blacksmoke hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Tired

Wanting to shop for a binge but it's too icy in the parking lot of my apartment building and on the roads. At least when I lived in Winnipeg they sanded the roads properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast