Thread: I cant stop!

Question I cant stop!

Hello people of mental health forums
      i came here to share my weird and bad thoughts about a lot of stuff looking for an answer to all of them, thoughts that are killing me every day for like 5 years !
      and i cant stop them no matter how hard i try, these thoughts made me lose my grades in high school, and failing my courses in college, even though i have one year left to graduate with a shitty GPA.
      even though i hate college but to be honest i have nothing else to do!
      i have to go through college just like everybody else! its ok for me am not gonna back down now only one year left.
      but when i think about it... what is the point? what is the point of finishing it anyway?
      every human will go through this... finish college get a job get money get married make small humans with your partner and watch them grow and repeat the things you did!!!
      and then you reach your inevitable demise which is death!
      so why would i go though all this trouble, in my current state i dont see it worth the trouble, i should just stay at my parents home and wait for death.
      because i dont find joy in anything anymore and nothing makes me want to do all these things i feel like an old guy who lived his life and he is just waiting for his day to come
      am just 22yrs old!
      why do i feel this way ? why do i feel like nothing is worth it
      every one is so crazy about money and life and travelling meeting new people finding a nice girl/boy/what ever you into and here i am just saying to them good luck buddy have fun i will never find these things amusing or fun why would i do all of these things and earn ton of money and be happy or what ever when i know in the end ill just die like any other human being who lived on this planet!
      i know this sound stupid and weird but i dont know where to go and who to tell
      i guess you guys worth the shot.
      PS sorry about my English its not my native language.

I've been thinking about life in the same way, a lot. It just seems like a factory process, everyone goes through the same phases, everyone lives under the same system.

You should never forget that it's always important to recognize and remember what's unique about us, everyone has strengths that make them different from most people. It's easy to forget sometimes, I'm anything but an exception to that.

There are stories of highly successful and eminent people who did poorly in education. Albert Einstein couldn't speak until he was four, and couldn't read until he was seven. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. The numbers aren't everything, anyone can amount to something. Anyone.

Hugs, if wanted
      Thanks Per Ardua Ad Astra gave thanks for this post.
      Likes sunset547544 liked this post.

My Mood
      Sad

hello you sound philosophical in your thinking and while that is not a bad thing the flip side is that it can create anxiety.

sounds like an existential/spiritual crises. and i so get you as this is a similar thing for me. i have always felt that i got on the wrong bus and ended up getting off the wrong bus stop.

for me i have to keep life simple and i have been a bit of a seeker to make sense of a world that just doesnt make sense. i always liked to think i was special and important but life taught me that i am nobody special. i dont have an original thought. had to get over that lol!

all i can say is dont get sucked into society's sickness if at all possible. i had to self educate myself as my school education was shite and i still have to learn stuff . dont get stuck on other peoples theories. go out and discover new things first. so many peeps go through life quoting other peeps that is not life that is a rabbit hole
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptote View Post
      I've been thinking about life in the same way, a lot. It just seems like a factory process, everyone goes through the same phases, everyone lives under the same system.

You should never forget that it's always important to recognize and remember what's unique about us, everyone has strengths that make them different from most people. It's easy to forget sometimes, I'm anything but an exception to that.

There are stories of highly successful and eminent people who did poorly in education. Albert Einstein couldn't speak until he was four, and couldn't read until he was seven. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. The numbers aren't everything, anyone can amount to something. Anyone.

Hugs, if wanted
      Thanks for replaying
      the people u said they are successful are like 1 in every 1billion human i can never be like Einstein or michael jordan!
      am no where near them
      but hey ur replay was kinda motivational
      Thanks <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmoke View Post
      hello you sound philosophical in your thinking and while that is not a bad thing the flip side is that it can create anxiety.

sounds like an existential/spiritual crises. and i so get you as this is a similar thing for me. i have always felt that i got on the wrong bus and ended up getting off the wrong bus stop.

for me i have to keep life simple and i have been a bit of a seeker to make sense of a world that just doesnt make sense. i always liked to think i was special and important but life taught me that i am nobody special. i dont have an original thought. had to get over that lol!

all i can say is dont get sucked into society's sickness if at all possible. i had to self educate myself as my school education was shite and i still have to learn stuff . dont get stuck on other peoples theories. go out and discover new things first. so many peeps go through life quoting other peeps that is not life that is a rabbit hole
      Thanks for passing by
      first off all i already have anxiety and panic attacks + depression every now and then
      and am using meds and am feeling alright but still i get little panic attacks from time to time but not as strong
      as they were before i can coop with it
      but i reached a point where i lost all of my feelings and motivation to do anything i just do stuff and keep my self busy so i dont go insane.
      and i never felt that i belong anywhere in this world not to my family my country my home
      i dont have these feelings since i've known life never felt them even though am a very social person and most people like me with all that and i never felt anything towards them i feel alone when am with friends/family
      and when am truly alone i tell my self why am i always alone ?
      this is so stupid i dont even know what is wrong with me anymore!
      Thanks blacksmoke gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Asymptote liked this post.
      Hug Asymptote hugged this poster.

Yes, very few people become world famous, but lots of people are financially successful. Besides, who needs all that recognition anyway? I, for one, think I'm much better off without my name being spoken by thousands every day, the stress of knowing that people are aware of every single thing you do. That's where fame shows its dark side. I find it depressing that millions of people are so envious of celebrities. However respectable they are or aren't, at the end of the day, they're only human, just like everyone else.

And let's not forget that inner peace is basically the highest accomplishment in life, for yourself. Success and money are just things that might help you get there, nothing more. It's very important to have fun along the way! A person who does nothing but work their whole life and never relish in enjoyable experiences may become wealthy, but they're not gonna be that satisfied with it, because it just leaves them wishing they'd have lived more.

So, don't forget to live!
      Thanks Violetsparkle gave thanks for this post.

Senior Member Per Ardua Ad Astra's Avatar
      My Mood
      Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptote View Post

So, don't forget to live!
      Hard to take note of and carry through sometimes, but sound nonetheless

There are lots of expectations and goals to chase, and it's easy to get a gamut of negative thoughts and emotions on the back of life's harsher moments, that give rise to a big questioning. But there's an eternity before we're born, and an eternity after we're dead. Don't sweat it, just try your level best to have fun along the way - don't forget to live, as the previous poster said
      Tea Therapy
      Thanks Asymptote gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Asymptote, N/A, MAGIC liked this post.

My Mood
      Sad

first off all i already have anxiety and panic attacks + depression every now and then
      and am using meds and am feeling alright but still i get little panic attacks from time to time but not as strong
      0k that is good. its the deep thinking that for me is the anxiety trigger, but also it has enabled me to have an interesting life

but i reached a point where i lost all of my feelings and motivation to do anything i just do stuff and keep my self busy so i dont go insane.
      yes i know that experience, for me that is depression
      and i never felt that i belong anywhere in this world not to my family my country my home
      yes i experience this also for all if not most of my life

dont have these feelings since i've known life never felt them even though am a very social person and most people like me with all that and i never felt anything towards them i feel alone when am with friends/family
      what i call the silent scream

and when am truly alone i tell my self why am i always alone ?
      this is so stupid i dont even know what is wrong with me anymore!
      modern living = malaise
      i find it very difficult to be around peeps for very l0ng and i come from a big family. there aint nothing wrong with you. its just that you need space to not get overwhelmed with the detail of life that other folk seem to thrive on. the latest news the latest update of a soap on tv. the latest opinion,the amazing item that you brought in the shop and how happy that will make your life nonsense.

you see through all this and that is what is most probably driving you nuts.
      Last edited by blacksmoke; 11-01-17 at 18:58.
      Boldy going forwards as i couldn't find reverse..
      Likes Asymptote, MAGIC, Per Ardua Ad Astra liked this post.