Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear of emotions

Default Fear of emotions

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm Suzanne and I'm 21.

A few weeks ago my Dad passed away I'm absolutely heartbroken as we were close. I feel like I have no one to confide in as I don't have really have friends as I'm a very shy person. Cuz of this tragic event, I'm extremely emotionally sensitivity and fragile. I'm so scared of things hurting me cuz when I feel emotional pain , I feel it so hard and I end up feeling suicidal it's hard living life being so fragile.

I've always been sensitive. But this took me to a new level of fragile. Whenever things go wrong it eats away at me so hard and I feel so mentally weak . I end just in bed crying to myself and just thinking about how much I miss my Dad. I'm so scared of going to that stage cuz it hurts me so much no one really knows I'm like this cuz I don't show my emotions to others cuz I don't want to be judged.

I'm not sure if what I wrote makes sense but any input is appreciated thank you so much
      Hug Violetsparkle, fidget hugged this poster.

Hi Suzanne to the forums

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad
      The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine -

Abraham Lincoln

Its hard but thank you
      Likes Mayfair liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabethssuzanne View Post
      Its hard but thank you
      It's something that lots have faced from reading in here. I know I have this to come too, as my parents are very old, and I'm quite dependant on them. I simply can't imagine it, so I can't advise Ms.

Do you have any [close] siblings, or close friends who you may be able to open up a bit more to?
      The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine -

Abraham Lincoln

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Sad

Sorry about your dad. I can't imagine the pain you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabethssuzanne View Post
      Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm Suzanne and I'm 21.

A few weeks ago my Dad passed away I'm absolutely heartbroken as we were close. I feel like I have no one to confide in as I don't have really have friends as I'm a very shy person. Cuz of this tragic event, I'm extremely emotionally sensitivity and fragile. I'm so scared of things hurting me cuz when I feel emotional pain , I feel it so hard and I end up feeling suicidal it's hard living life being so fragile.

I've always been sensitive. But this took me to a new level of fragile. Whenever things go wrong it eats away at me so hard and I feel so mentally weak . I end just in bed crying to myself and just thinking about how much I miss my Dad. I'm so scared of going to that stage cuz it hurts me so much no one really knows I'm like this cuz I don't show my emotions to others cuz I don't want to be judged.

I'm not sure if what I wrote makes sense but any input is appreciated thank you so much

Hi and I'm 20, nearing 21. I lost my dad when I was 17. It is a terribly difficult thing to deal with. I know how you're feeling and I'm so sorry you're going through it.

I'm wishing you courage and if you need to talk I am here
      "Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless"
      Thanks iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH gave thanks for this post.
      Likes iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH liked this post.
      Hug fidget hugged this poster.

Losing a parent at your age and sensitivity is very difficult, and not to be denied. I learned a lot from observing how others behaved, as their guard comes down in a way it doesn't when death isn't involved. In short, it was a learning experience, albeit awful, lonely. My advice, should you want it, is keep yourself open and see how others really are and don't deny who you are. Then get out of the house and buy some milk and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
      It's something that lots have faced from reading in here. I know I have this to come too, as my parents are very old, and I'm quite dependant on them. I simply can't imagine it, so I can't advise Ms.

Do you have any [close] siblings, or close friends who you may be able to open up a bit more to?
      I have 2 sisters but I am a middle child so I'm sort of pushed aside. Even when I do cry they don't ever believe it's that deep cuz of how well im usually composed. And I have one close friend but she just doesn't understand even when I do open up to her ? i think it's cuz I'm experiencing something that many people (not all) experience when they are a lot older, losing a parent. So I'm feeling lonely cuz a lot of people of my generation might not have to experience this stage in life just yet just a question of finding others at the same stage. I feel comforted from your response thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH View Post
      Sorry about your dad. I can't imagine the pain you are in.
      it's a lot of mental pain due to my naturally sensitive nature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsparkle View Post

Hi and I'm 20, nearing 21. I lost my dad when I was 17. It is a terribly difficult thing to deal with. I know how you're feeling and I'm so sorry you're going through it.

Thank you so much for your response it's comforting to know I'm not alone is it wrong of me to overreacting when things go wrong purely cuz I'm missing my Dad ? Cuz I'm scared of getting hurt particularly socially in case I start spiralling down in sadness . Does it pass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Wearing Man View Post
      Losing a parent at your age and sensitivity is very difficult, and not to be denied. I learned a lot from observing how others behaved, as their guard comes down in a way it doesn't when death isn't involved. In short, it was a learning experience, albeit awful, lonely. My advice, should you want it, is keep yourself open and see how others really are and don't deny who you are. Then get out of the house and buy some milk and go from there.
      Even though it's been recent it's already been such harsh ride in terms of observing others I understand what you're saying, I hide and deny myself too much , I should try being more open and real with myself so i can realise who is good for me and who isn't. I think I try too hard to pretend to be non sensitive. When in reality I should address the sensitivity and maybe it will filter out the wrong people . Thank you for your response definitely food for thought
      Thanks Mayfair gave thanks for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsparkle View Post

And just wanted to add I'm so sorry you lost your Dad when you were 17 :'( hope coping got easier
      Thanks Violetsparkle gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Violetsparkle liked this post.
      Hug Violetsparkle hugged this poster.

Hi Suzanne

You are being very hard on yourself and scrutinizing your behaviour and feelings so harshly. Try and be a bit kinder to yourself, you're allowed to grieve and feel. I held on to mine, as I denied my feelings about a great many things, and you end up numb with a nucleus of despair. There should be a nougaty centre in all of us, not tar.
      Likes fidget, Violetsparkle liked this post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast