Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of emotions

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Wearing Man View Post
      Hi Suzanne

You are being very hard on yourself and scrutinizing your behaviour and feelings so harshly. Try and be a bit kinder to yourself, you're allowed to grieve and feel. I held on to mine, as I denied my feelings about a great many things, and you end up numb with a nucleus of despair. There should be a nougaty centre in all of us, not tar.
      I feel too weak to survive in this world it just hurts too much, I like to believe there's more to life than feeling this way. I will try be kinder to myself
      Hug iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH hugged this poster.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Would you be ok sharing a happy memory of your dad? I'd love to hear about him.
      Likes iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Wearing Man View Post
      I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Would you be ok sharing a happy memory of your dad? I'd love to hear about him.
      Some of my happiest most recent memories of my Dad were when he used to drive me to University 2 years ago. He took me to University not because I asked but because he wanted to. We used to listen to music I liked all the way there and talked. On the way back we used to go somewhere to get nice food to have on the way home. It was nice just chilling I miss those days
      Likes Mayfair, Violetsparkle liked this post.

No it's not wrong it's quite normal, the only thing I would say is be mindful of how you treat others as in my opinion grief isn't an excuse for certain behaviours. I'm sure those things you're experiencing will get easier over time but be patient with yourself and know what youre feeling is normal
      "Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless"

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsparkle View Post
      No it's not wrong it's quite normal, the only thing I would say is be mindful of how you treat others as in my opinion grief isn't an excuse for certain behaviours. I'm sure those things you're experiencing will get easier over time but be patient with yourself and know what youre feeling is normal
      What are those certain behaviours ? Just wanna make I'm not doing anything wrong without realising haha, I'm sure I'm not but i get paranoid. I know I'm not as happy around people as maybe I should try to be but I can't help it
      Last edited by Elizabethssuzanne; 09-01-17 at 18:08.
      Hug Violetsparkle, iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH hugged this poster.

Nothing to panic about, I'm sure you're fine. And don't worry about how happy you're acting, whether it bothers people or not it doesn't matter . I just said it because of someone in my life; it's stuff you wouldn't do anyway like taking feelings out on others, saying unforgivable things, violence etc. Everyone has slips ups and you might say the odd thing out of frustration but I just meant it's not okay when people are down right awful and blame grief (the person I know does) you're doing well,
      "Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless"

If you don't mind answering Suzanne, I'm just curious, was it an unexpected death?

I often wonder about this. - i.e. which is 'the best' of the worst, if you know what I mean.
      The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine -

Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
      If you don't mind answering Suzanne, I'm just curious, was it an unexpected death?

I often wonder about this. - i.e. which is 'the best' of the worst, if you know what I mean.
      Yes it was unexpected honestly felt surreal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsparkle View Post
      Nothing to panic about, I'm sure you're fine. And don't worry about how happy you're acting, whether it bothers people or not it doesn't matter . I just said it because of someone in my life; it's stuff you wouldn't do anyway like taking feelings out on others, saying unforgivable things, violence etc. Everyone has slips ups and you might say the odd thing out of frustration but I just meant it's not okay when people are down right awful and blame grief (the person I know does) you're doing well,
      Awwww the person you know shouldn't be doing that it's uncalled for I hope the person changes their ways and realises soon, if you need to talk about it message me. I'm happy to listen and thank you so much
      Likes iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabethssuzanne View Post
      Yes it was unexpected honestly felt surreal
      aw, it must be awful either way I've had both with very close family member and a friend. Both were awful.

I don't talk about it at all irl, and not on the same scale of course, but I lost a best mate of mine when I was 21 (he one year older school wise, as you worked out ages in younger days )

I just woke to my dad saying he died in an accident last night. That was that. He was one of my neighbours and we chilled out most days, and spent weekends going to home/away matches (football). Even though it was over 20 years ago, it still shocks me today when I think about it. For a long time, I found [everyday] life in general extremely surreal.

I still think about some of those away days, which are the most memorable. I have a giggle at our young nonsense and how life was different in those days. (no sat navs, no phones, no thought to tomorrow, getting lost trying to find grounds, getting pissed and missing the match when we'd travelled 200 miles to get there)

Sorry no help really. I don't normally post in emotional threads.
      The trouble with quotes on the internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine -

Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfair View Post
      aw, it must be awful either way I've had both with very close family member and a friend. Both were awful.

I don't talk about it at all irl, and not on the same scale of course, but I lost a best mate of mine when I was 21 (he one year older school wise, as you worked out ages in younger days )

I just woke to my dad saying he died in an accident last night. That was that. He was one of my neighbours and we chilled out most days, and spent weekends going to home/away matches (football). Even though it was over 20 years ago, it still shocks me today when I think about it. For a long time, I found [everyday] life in general extremely surreal.

I still think about some of those away days, which are the most memorable. I have a giggle at our young nonsense and how life was different in those days. (no sat navs, no phones, no thought to tomorrow, getting lost trying to find grounds, getting pissed and missing the match when we'd travelled 200 miles to get there)

Sorry no help really. I don't normally post in emotional threads.
      I'm sorry to hear that It must have been so devastating to lose a best mate cuz you were used to doing so many things together then suddenly it all has to stop cuz it was expected you feel like you are always waiting to hear from that person you've shared some nice happy memories that you had with your best mate. Sounded like a great friendship. It was tragic to pass so young but he's in a better place now and watches over you
      Likes Mayfair liked this post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12