Thread: New Member - help please.

Default New Member - help please.

Hello,

I was wondering if i could share my recent events and someone help me make light from it?

Looking back I've always had a bit of health anxiety, worrying about lots of different things. I recognised this though and always knew the cycle that i worry then it suddenly goes away when i get occupied or into a new project etc.

My biggest issue at the mo is since October, I've been lonely in the evenings as husband works away. Once kids go to bed, I 'chunner' to myself and overthink most issues. However since then i cant let go of over thinking about a certain scenario that happened. I over thought it that much that i actually struggled to remember the key details and conversation (and ask myself it it really occurred) - is this normal???
      Anyways i then became really poorly with a sinus infection, whilst hubby away so i broke down to mum as couldn't look after kids. I went on antibiotics but felt spaced out for the next few weeks after this. I lost my smell and taste senses, which got me worrying again. But this spaced out feeling just kept coming on and off, however now it appears to be permanetly here. I feel numb and my ears feel clogged up, but i think this maybe in my imagination. I still always chhunner and constantly over think (including the scenario i mentioned above). I told my husband i cant cope with the kids and rushing around all time to their activities along with work, he just doesn't understand that i'm exhausted and over Christmas i struggled to get energy to dress or even pick out clothes.
      Last week i started a new job, working more hours, however i cant concentrate my vision becomes all blurry and the lights above seem to bother me more. My memory has gone shocking, i recognise people in crowds but cant think of their names unless i really really go away and think about it. I'm normally the most bubbly person you can meet, i'm outgoing and have a great social life. However. recently i've noticed my symptoms all disappear and i feel normal again when i drink - do don't want to go down that road despite how assuring it is at the time. I guess when im preoccupied like the cinema i forget about my thoughts.
      I could do with some time off work, but can't really as don't want to feel like the weirdo who has just started and gone off. However, i'm not retaining any of the training so will look like one anyways. I've not gone to the doctors as i know loads of people who work there which makes me feel uneasy. I have the option to have counselling through work however have yet to make the call not sure why - i guess i worry that talking about the symptoms will make them come on again where as if i forget about them they short term disappear for an hour or so.
      Do you think Anxiety or Depression. - my mind does wander and thinks if this is what the rest of my life will be like, i need to end it. I've lost interest in my kids and everything, i just seem to snap at them all the time when their dad is away working. They are only 5&7 and this is no life for them. Any help appreciated???
      Hug Violetsparkle hugged this poster.

Hi there

Usually our lifestyle precedes our mental health.

What kinds of food do you eat everyday and do you get any excercise?
      Maybe we're not meant to be fixed. Our brokenness refracts the Light in more beautiful ways.

Why not open up about the scenario you are obsessing over? Get it off your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hat Wearing Man View Post
      Why not open up about the scenario you are obsessing over? Get it off your chest.
      Its so irrelevant, i only mentioned it as wondered if this could have been a trigger point to the whole saga?? many thanks for reading my article in hindsight its too long. My main concern is this constant word tiredness and vision problems i'm experiencing. I cant seem to look forward to anything. I guess i just feel overwhelmed with life in general and cant ever picture being my once carefree bubbly self?? x

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did try walking at the beginning when i noticed i started to feel 'weird' spaced out almost, vision blurryness and general not feeling in the moment. However, it didn't help me so i guess the walking to work from car about half a mile per day is the only form of exercise i get.

Foodwise - i try to eat fruit, however for the last 3 days i didn't eat hardly anything which was a one off but my appetite as all but vanished, unless someone makes me something then i don't eat xx

Maybe try journaling your thoughts at night.

It's not good to just not eat for days at a time. It's good to be intentional about anything you can do take care of yourself from eating healthy, vitamins, showers, and getting pampered from time to time.

I would really recommend going to see a doctor.
      Maybe we're not meant to be fixed. Our brokenness refracts the Light in more beautiful ways.

Thanks I have eaten like a trooper today strangely!! Had lots of bloods taken today so hopefully that will highlight anything out of sync xx