Thread: SAD Light Therapy

My Mood
      Fine

Question SAD Light Therapy

Hey everyone,

I apologise, my internet has been broken, so that's why I haven't been online often.

I feel shattered all the time and very run down.
      I have a healthy vegan diet, lots of fruit and veg. Lots of water and fruit juice.
      I take multivitamins and vitamin D.

And still, I am tired and run down.

It never occurred to me that it could be the dark mornings and cold weather until now.
      So I'm looking at the SAD lights.

Do you think it would be beneficial. I'm not depressed, just run down and tired but it could be due to the dark mornings and weather. My body is programmed to sleep at night and if it's dark in the morning, perhaps my body is mistaking that as time to sleep.

Any recommendations on lights?

How can I tell if a light is legit and will work?

Also how long do you tend to spend in front of the light?

Can you please share your experiences with the lights too. Did they work for you?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Unicorns
      Merry Christmas. x

My Mood
      Mellow

Hi Unicorns,

I really struggle with the dark nights and mornings too so I completely understand.
      I have no experience of SAD lights but I just wanted to wish you all the best x
      It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is strength and there is beauty.

Maya Angelou

I use one and was instructed by a psychiatrist to use it really early in the morning-like an hour before you normally get up-OR later in the afternoon around 4-5 pm. The later afternoon time won't keep you up later. Good luck!

My Mood
      Tired

I'm a bit late for this thread.
      But I have this little blue light. It should give the same effect as white but with less power needed. But i think it might be giving me a headache when I try to use it. White might be more gentle.
      Not sure I have SAD, but the loss of energy due to darkness is very likely.
      I should try to use it more often and every morning, and see if it helps, or if it's just a nuisance.

I think I'm going to ask for a wakeup light for my birthday, or just buy one myself. I have a lot of trouble getting up in the morning now it's dark until 10 am. Good that light is slowly returning here now we're going towards Spring.

My Mood
      Tired

Well it seems I might have aural migrane, so light therapy probably not recomended. Oh, well.