Thread: quick question about when you hear the voices...

My Mood
      Confused

Default quick question about when you hear the voices...

hey peeps i wanted to ask when you hear the voices,
      does it sometime sound like your own voice as in its not you but its your voice that you hear in your head? its saying stuff youre not thinking? like intrusive thoughts etc

i do hear other voices too but just wanted to ask more about this and i hope what im saying makes sense...
      Last edited by soulsearcher; 01-01-17 at 23:49.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

spiritfriend

The voices I heard never sounded like me. They didn't sound like anyone I ever knew. Except for this one time, I heard my moms voice. But that was it.
      Likes soulsearcher liked this post.

My Mood
      Confused

Quote Originally Posted by myfriendluna View Post
      The voices I heard never sounded like me. They didn't sound like anyone I ever knew. Except for this one time, I heard my moms voice. But that was it.
      so its like someone else but the voice sounds like my own, if that make sense,
      and like i said i hear other voices too...

yea the voices i hear dont sound like anyone i know or have met before...
      Last edited by soulsearcher; 02-01-17 at 00:01.
      Likes N/A liked this post.

kingYee

Never. It took me awhile to separate my own voice from others but its always been family or ppl i know.

My Mood
      Doh

My voices always sounded like other people.
      One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
      - Carl Gustav Jung

Eigau

I have had a voice like this. I called it my harmonic because it was like a musical harmony over the melody of a song. It took a while to notice it, and I think I was taking an unusual med at the time I started noticing it due to a kind of lag or stretching. The med seemed to make it lag if I thought words too quickly and it would have difficulty trying to be completely in synch. It eventually began "tearing" away and I don't think I've heard it in a long time now. I miss that voice. Now when I read some text on the screen or in a book, I hear what I call a "Narrator" and I'm not sure if the voice I hear is what I actually sound like or if it is what I imagine I sound like. Does hearing one's own voice mean something to you?

My Mood
      Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Eigau View Post
      I have had a voice like this. I called it my harmonic because it was like a musical harmony over the melody of a song. It took a while to notice it, and I think I was taking an unusual med at the time I started noticing it due to a kind of lag or stretching. The med seemed to make it lag if I thought words too quickly and it would have difficulty trying to be completely in synch. It eventually began "tearing" away and I don't think I've heard it in a long time now. I miss that voice. Now when I read some text on the screen or in a book, I hear what I call a "Narrator" and I'm not sure if the voice I hear is what I actually sound like or if it is what I imagine I sound like. Does hearing one's own voice mean something to you?
      not sure what its meant to mean to me, more wanted to know to see if anyone else could relate to me...

yea youre right though it also took me some time to fgure it out

Sometimes people have their own inner voice going on, I got told that was more anxiety based. Mine are people with various voices, not my own 'inner voice' I do have that, but it's not out of control. X

Yes! Its called voice thoughts and they are basically silent or in your own voice but not you. I hear voices inside and outside of my head and sometimes they talk to me in my own voice or through silent thoughts.