Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 34

    Thread: Christmas 🎅

    1. #21
      Senior Member cpuusage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Planet Lunatic Asylum
      Posts
      34,808

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      but it probably isn;t that simple theories have come and gone, as new scientist said the current half life of genetic theories on personality is 6 months, half of theories are disproved every 6 months
      BDU isn't clued up around it all. There have been & are hundreds of theories regarding schizophrenia/psychosis. It's multi-factorial, individual, complex & in depth. It needs a whole person integral understanding & approach.
      http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpva1C3gypWvOf7iONui1g/videos
      This site does not align itself to any one political, religious, medical or cultural bias.
      Thanks Tonic gave thanks for this post.
      Likes Tonic liked this post.

    2. #22
      Founding Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      london
      Posts
      10,246

      Default

      just to add if i got better enough and off these drugs that make me sleep long hours i might be able to handle a 40hr week in burger king at the min wage, but so far that better isn;t on offer

    3. #23
      Senior Member cpuusage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Planet Lunatic Asylum
      Posts
      34,808

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      just to add if i got better enough and off these drugs that make me sleep long hours i might be able to handle a 40hr week in burger king at the min wage, but so far that better isn;t on offer
      Regardless of what has lead us to the current situation/circumstances we're neither of us, along with a percentage of others on here, able to currently be in work, & may Never be at a stage where we're able to.
      http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpva1C3gypWvOf7iONui1g/videos
      This site does not align itself to any one political, religious, medical or cultural bias.

    4. #24
      Senior Member NicoretteGummed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW England
      Posts
      5,877
      My Mood
      Goofy

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by cpuusage View Post
      Regardless of what has lead us to the current situation/circumstances we're neither of us, along with a percentage of others on here, able to currently be in work, & may Never be at a stage where we're able to.
      That doesn't necessarily mean though that we can't be useful and at some stage contribute to society even if that doesn't mean full time work.

      Hannibal Lecter once said any sane society would put me to some useful purpose or put me to death.

      Granted he was criminally insane and w'ere not but you get the gist!!!
      The Truth Is Like A Laser And I've Just Been Zapped!!!


    5. #25
      Senior Member NicoretteGummed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW England
      Posts
      5,877
      My Mood
      Goofy

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by BorderlineDownunder View Post
      there used to be massive stigma attached to leprosy, to the point they hung a bell around the sufferers necks.

      Pretty much the one thing i think we're all in agreement with is, Mental Health Treatments have to change, and with the Accerlation of Technology, once this begins it will probably roar forward.

      I knew a girl who lost a baby to SIDS, it used to be a real severe problem where i lived, rarely a year passed you didn't hear of some poor family who lost a baby.

      Then they taught mums to put baby down on their side not their tummies (we used to actually get taught this!) and now no one knows a mum who lost a baby to SIDS.

      Within my adulthood its gone from Common to Almost Never. In front of my eyes.
      Were you aware that fifth Beatle Stu Sutcliffe (1940-62) was known as Leppo by the rest of the group!!!
      The Truth Is Like A Laser And I've Just Been Zapped!!!


    6. #26
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,617
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by NicoretteGummed View Post
      Were you aware that fifth Beatle Stu Sutcliffe (1940-62) was known as Leppo by the rest of the group!!!
      until he fell off

    7. #27
      Senior Member cpuusage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Planet Lunatic Asylum
      Posts
      34,808

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by NicoretteGummed View Post
      That doesn't necessarily mean though that we can't be useful and at some stage contribute to society even if that doesn't mean full time work.
      i was in full time work for some 8 years between breakdowns, & have completed 7 years of further education.

      i don't see work as the be all & end all of leading a full & productive life. In certain ways i feel that i have lead a far more responsible, useful & productive life since being out of work.

      There are myriad ways that we can live a useful life & be of service to others.
      http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpva1C3gypWvOf7iONui1g/videos
      This site does not align itself to any one political, religious, medical or cultural bias.

    8. #28
      Senior Member NicoretteGummed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW England
      Posts
      5,877
      My Mood
      Goofy

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by cpuusage View Post
      i was in full time work for some 8 years between breakdowns, & have completed 7 years of further education.

      i don't see work as the be all & end all of leading a full & productive life. In certain ways i feel that i have lead a far more responsible, useful & productive life since being out of work.

      There are myriad ways that we can live a useful life & be of service to others.
      I completely agree.
      The Truth Is Like A Laser And I've Just Been Zapped!!!


    9. #29
      Senior Member cpuusage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Planet Lunatic Asylum
      Posts
      34,808

      Default

      i fancy baby quails boiled in goose fat, a roasted honey pigs head stuffed with black pudding, with a goat cream & black truffle sauce for Christmas dinner. Yum yum.
      http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpva1C3gypWvOf7iONui1g/videos
      This site does not align itself to any one political, religious, medical or cultural bias.
      Likes Tonic liked this post.

    10. #30
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,617
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by cpuusage View Post
      i fancy baby quails boiled in goose fat, a roasted honey pigs head stuffed with black pudding, with a goat cream & black truffle sauce for Christmas dinner. Yum yum.
      is that you, Donald?
      Hug cpuusage hugged this poster.

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •